PDA

View Full Version : Holiday man "declared dead"

JohnCenaFan28
09-22-2008, 02:08 AM
A man has returned from an extended holiday to find that loads of his mates have been mourning his death.

The confusion began in June when Michael O'Neill, from Middlesbrough, set-off for Australia to stay with a friend. It was a last minute decision, so he forgot to let people know.

Mr O'Neill's neighbours grew worried about his disappearance, reports the Daily Telegraph, so eventually they contacted the police.

Officers broke into the 49-year-old's flat, but could find no evidence of his whereabouts.

Then, last week, his friends thought their fears had been confirmed when a family announcement was made in a local newspaper.

By coincidence, it reported the death of another Michael O'Neill from Middlesbrough.

Both men were a similar age - the late Mr O'Neill was 50 - and both have brothers named Kevin and Terry.

The living Mr O'Neill said: "I went out on June 2 to stay with a friend and when I got back last Monday I found my door had been smashed in!

"My neighbours thought I had died so they got in touch with police who came and broke the door down.

"Everywhere I am going, people I know are grabbing hold of my hand, saying 'I thought you were dead! They can't believe it's me and I'm still alive."

-Ananova

Swinny
09-22-2008, 03:07 AM
Lol... wow, same name, same age, same brothers names, what a crazy coincidence.

Jodes
09-22-2008, 07:09 PM
thats why you should always tell someone close to you if you are leaving town.

Slayer_X
09-23-2008, 12:41 PM
lol its better to leave ppl wondering