PDA

View Full Version : Lego fan beats record, annoys wife

JohnCenaFan28
09-24-2008, 07:53 PM
An Exeter man has amassed Britain's biggest private collection of Lego - containing over two million bricks.

Darren Smith, 32, started collecting the building blocks when he was given a set for Christmas when he was five.

His collection now fills his large garage and a specially converted loft - much to the annoyance of his long-suffering wife.

Darren, a data analyst, said: "'I love Lego - the colours and the shapes are timeless. Some people might think it's sad but everyone wants to see the collection.

"The wife doesn't mind me having all the Lego in the garage and the loft but she goes mad when it gets into the rest of the house.

"We get on really well as long as I keep the collection under control - but it's hard to do that at times. She is good about it though on the whole.

"We plan to have kids in the future which would give me a great excuse to build on my collection even more. Hopefully they will share my passion for Lego.

But Claire, a veterinary nurse, said: "It drives me mad. His collection is unbelievable - he is completely obsessed. He is always talking about Lego.

"If he had his way we'd have a Lego extension built. The bricks are slowly spreading to other areas of the house like the lounge and kitchen.

"He used to talk to me non-stop about it but my eyes glazed over with boredom and now he chats all day to other Lego fans on internet forums."

-Ananova