PDA

View Full Version : My Problem with The Rock

LG
06-16-2006, 12:22 AM
The Rock sucks now. Period.
He lied to us. He told us he was coming back to wrestle in the ring. He told us he was going to come back to his millions AND MILLIONS of fans. Now where is the Rock at? It has been TOOOOOO long since we last saw him. When Rock when? When are you coming back to Main Event the Pay-per-views? When are you coming back to rock bottom the best? Rock, stop making movies and start making people happy again. Movies isn't your home....wrestling is your home. Dont you feel homesick yet? If you dont stay out of wrestling period. We dont want come in and come out...we want full time. I like some not all of your movies but you need to come back home Rock. come back home to your millions of fans

Assassin™
06-16-2006, 12:46 AM
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is a little more fond of money than of your opinion. You might value money too one day if and when you ever move out of your mom's basement. The Rock can make more money in Hollywood than he can on RAW, and he doesn't have to risk his body and health. He might be back for an appearance hyping his next movie, and might even return for a match or two at a future WrestlMania or Survivor Series, but he will not ever be back to pro wrestling full time.

Deal with it.

Ethan Hunt
06-16-2006, 03:38 AM
Agree with ya Assasin. Money is what matters to most.

But, at the stage where The Rock left the WWE, He was arguably the Best Pro-Wrestler in WWE. In Hollywood, Is Rock the Best Actor??????? NO.

IMO, Rock should have chosen a career instead of more Money. Like they say....." Rule the Hell rather than Serve in Heaven "

Adam Copeland2
06-16-2006, 09:46 AM
The Rock said he is gonna come back when we LEAST expect it. And so, he is at first going to make us anticipate, and then bite our nails, and then rant all around, and then forget about him. And so, only when that happens, The Rock will return(not full time ofcourse, DUH!). But, that has happpened IMO.

I dunno why but I feel this shud be in the RANTS section.

Ethan Hunt
06-16-2006, 01:48 PM
yeah copeland.....even i've read somewhere Rock sayin that. He should be back!

Assassin™
06-16-2006, 08:08 PM
^I also read somewhere that Bret Hart was returning to the ring at WM22 and wrestling HBK. Obviously that didn't happen. The internet might be one of the worst places to get factual news about pro wrestling. Don't believe everything you read.

Will
06-16-2006, 09:00 PM
Wrestlers go out week after week and destroy their bodies for the fans. Most wrestlers cant do basic simple things like play with their kids,after they retire, because they have done so much damage done to their body.Rock is in a position now where he can make far more money on one movie than he could make over the course of a 20 year career and he doesnt have to tear his body up. It would be stupid to choose wrestling.

Ian Diago
06-18-2006, 02:28 PM
i agree with legend..!

LG
06-18-2006, 11:28 PM
Thank you. Sometimes money isn't the case

edgeman05
06-19-2006, 07:20 AM
I find it annoying how he just leaves wrestling in general i mean WWE put him on the map and he just leaves

Abhishek_Divekar
06-23-2006, 04:36 PM
I agree with da ASSASIN, IMO Rock should play at least 4 to 5 invitational matches per year which will let him shoots for his movies and also wont disappoint the fans

Additional Comment:
I think there is no harm in playin few invitational matches which will allow him to shoot n wont dissappoint his fans. But he dont want to take risk of geting injured.

The Hammer
06-23-2006, 05:37 PM
Actually he is injured right now. He injured himself on the set of a football movie lol.

Ethan Hunt
06-24-2006, 12:37 AM
^ poor fitness........wht might be the reason for the injury??

the phenomenal sid
06-29-2006, 10:53 AM
i think you all must get to know the fact that the rock has a family to support and that he can make a lot of money by just doing one movie and its equivalent to doing 3 years of wwe shows and putting your body,family and life on the line.
Also the rock wont care a monkey's nut sack what you call him a sell out a wimp or a loser.he is gonna come back one day.bcoz he is giving duds in hollywood at the rate of a fish giving eggs.hogan went to hollywood with a bang nad came back like a deflated monster trucks tyre.so the rock will too do the same.just let him make enuff money that is ok to take care of his family in a circumstane where godforbid he has to give up wrestling or lose his life.
the very fact that u made this thread says that you care and the rock also said the he will return proves tha the too cares about the fans and will return soon.
JUST TAKE TIME TIME SOMETIMES AND SMELL WHAT SOME PEOPLE ARE COOKIN AND YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS NOT ALWAYS THAT IT WILL SMELL LIKE ONE HUNDRED % MONEY BACK GUARANTEE ONE BIG BUCKET OF CANADIAN MOOSE PISS!!

Ethan Hunt
06-29-2006, 11:23 AM
^ agree with ya somewht sid

Superkick Kid
06-30-2006, 03:15 AM
I want Rocky to comeback to face HBK

Assassin™
06-30-2006, 05:07 AM
i think you all must get to know the fact that the rock has a family to support and that he can make a lot of money by just doing one movie and its equivalent to doing 3 years of wwe shows and putting your body,family and life on the line.
Also the rock wont care a monkey's nut sack what you call him a sell out a wimp or a loser.he is gonna come back one day.bcoz he is giving duds in hollywood at the rate of a fish giving eggs.hogan went to hollywood with a bang nad came back like a deflated monster trucks tyre.so the rock will too do the same.just let him make enuff money that is ok to take care of his family in a circumstane where godforbid he has to give up wrestling or lose his life.
the very fact that u made this thread says that you care and the rock also said the he will return proves tha the too cares about the fans and will return soon.
JUST TAKE TIME TIME SOMETIMES AND SMELL WHAT SOME PEOPLE ARE COOKIN AND YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS NOT ALWAYS THAT IT WILL SMELL LIKE ONE HUNDRED % MONEY BACK GUARANTEE ONE BIG BUCKET OF CANADIAN MOOSE PISS!!Your analagies are kind of annoying. You should be on the Blue Collar Comedy Tour.

Ethan Hunt
06-30-2006, 05:10 AM
^ thats an Assasination!! lol

the phenomenal sid
06-30-2006, 05:40 AM
is that a compliment or an insult??

Assassin™
06-30-2006, 06:56 AM
That depends on if you like Jeff Foxworthy.

Siddhant
07-01-2006, 02:46 PM
^I also read somewhere that Bret Hart was returning to the ring at WM22 and wrestling HBK. Obviously that didn't happen. The internet might be one of the worst places to get factual news about pro wrestling. Don't believe everything you read.
yeah how can it be true when rock said it himself on wwe.com....

bad_meetz_evil
07-01-2006, 03:18 PM
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is a little more fond of money than of your opinion. You might value money too one day if and when you ever move out of your mom's basement. The Rock can make more money in Hollywood than he can on RAW, and he doesn't have to risk his body and health. He might be back for an appearance hyping his next movie, and might even return for a match or two at a future WrestlMania or Survivor Series, but he will not ever be back to pro wrestling full time.

Deal with it.

True, but didn't that happen to Hulk Hogan too? He wanted to leave Pro Wrestling to become a film star, leaving the WWF. Then BANG, he signed with WCW being a fulltime wrestler.

Assassin™
07-02-2006, 12:41 AM
^WTF? No, that's the opposite, but if you look at Hogan's actions, it may give you some insight on what The Rock might do. It's called lying. Hogan said he was quitting pro wrestling and becoming a movie star. He didn't. The Rock said he wouldn't be gone long and would return to wrestling. The Rock so far has been true to his movie career. He is a movie star now, you might as well accept that. He won't be winning any Emmy's or Oscar's, but he has been and will continue to be more successful on the silver screen than in the squared cirlce.

(BTW, I think that is the dumbest expression in pro wrestling. I know it's an allusion to Olympic-style mat wrestling, but "squared circle" is an unnecessary oxymoron.)
yeah how can it be true when rock said it himself on wwe.com....Are you set out to prove how much of an idiot you are? The last sentences from my post that you quoted said:
The internet might be one of the worst places to get factual news about pro wrestling. Don't believe everything you read.Whatever, you guys don't have to take my advice. It's as if I know what I'm talking aboutor anything. :hmm:
If you want to keep that firm grasp on your ignorant high hopes and wishful thinking, go right ahead. It sure doesn't hurt my feelings if you think I'm wrong, or if you want to be wrong.

Siddhant
07-02-2006, 12:42 PM
yeah on wwe.com jackass.Why would they lie.fool,plus why would I have high hopes,I cant stand the guy

Learn to read fool.

the phenomenal sid
07-02-2006, 07:46 PM
hey man sid chill.u cant stand him ok no need to anticipate his return.but u know what nearly 30% of the people watching raw and sd do so only bcoz they hope that on one of those shows rock or austin reurn.

Assassin™
07-03-2006, 04:15 AM
yeah on wwe.com jackass.Why would they lie.fool,plus why would I have high hopes,I cant stand the guy

Learn to read fool.
What kind of juvenile 4th grade logic is that? His quoted statement was on wwe.com so it has to be true. Are you that gullible? WWE.com follows the storylines from television. It's less credible than the thousands of pro wrestling newsboards that post insider notes and spoilers. If wwe.com posted that tomorrow night's RAW's main event was Eddie Guerrero vs. Owen Hart, would you believe it?

It doesn't matter if you can't stand him, you still have false hopes whether they are coming from wishful thinking or not. I wasn't talking to just you. If you recall, what I said was, "Whatever, you guys don't have to take my advice." There were others in this thread who believe The Rock is coming back because of wwe.com. I hope you at least understand how the word "guys" refers to more than one person. Anyway, that just further shows how dupable you are. According to you, your belief that The Rock is coming back isn't even based on or influenced by you liking him as a wrestler. The only thing you are clinging to is a statement made on the internet.

BTW, I hope that you see that your childish attempts at insults aren't even slowing me down. If The Rock himself joined UOW Forums and tried it, I still wouldn't be affected. Not that you care, but it's also outside of Rants and is therefore a grounds for a banning (not that that would affect you). Being called lame shit like "fool" and "jackass" just means so much less coming from you.

hey man sid chill.u cant stand him ok no need to anticipate his return.Wise words. I really do apologize for mistaking you for him when you first registered. That was an unintended insult.

It must have been weird addressing someone else as "sid" when it's your name, unless.........

Siddhant
07-03-2006, 04:22 AM
Crap.Why cant you friggin accept it,he said he would be back when we least expect.He would just make an appearance or two.I mean wtf?,you think it was a joke that they posted that eddie died?,it was a lie when they said stone cold was coming back in a beer drinking contest,you think it was a lie when stone cold gave that interview and said jbl(storyline) wasnt one of the texas greats.Damn....

Assassin™
07-03-2006, 06:59 AM
Crap.Why cant you friggin accept itUh, because I know it's not true and I don't have to. Why do you care so much If I am wrong, wouldn't that only make you look better?
he said he would be back when we least expect.Kind of like you, right?

Hey guess what, I'm Vince McMahon. No, wait, now I'm Ed McMahon. I live in Italy. The surface of the moon is made of cardboard. Mind of Mencia is the best show on television.

Well, all of that crap has been posted on the internet. Do you believe it now?
He would just make an appearance or two.
He might be back for an appearance hyping his next movie, and might even return for a match or two at a future WrestlMania or Survivor Series:hmm:
I mean wtf?,you think it was a joke that they posted that eddie died?Leave it to you to not understand the simple metaphor I used.
it was a lie when they said stone cold was coming back in a beer drinking contest,you think it was a lie when stone cold gave that interview and said jbl(storyline) wasnt one of the texas greats.Damn....It would be great if you could show me exactly where I mentioned anything about Austin, or when I said that everything on that site is wrong. That Stone Cold case is completely different anyway. They were specifically advertising for an episode of SNME. Obviouwly, there are no plans for The Rock to be making any appearances any time soon. Well, it's obvious to me and almost every other wrestling fan but you.

the phenomenal sid
07-03-2006, 09:09 AM
^^ :lmao:
man that was funny.moon surface of cardboard.man see i aint defendin the rick for his actions.but think of it from his point of view.he has a family to support.he will return no doubt.he after all has to live up to a family name and reputation worth three generations in wrestling.he has jus tmade an arrangement that will give him enough money to last him and his family their entire life in case he cant wrestle any more due to any injury.for instance say u are a guy who many girls dote on.u get a movie making stint in hollywood and make most of it as long as you can.will all the girls call you a sell out?i know it sounds far fetched but you get da point.also you are doing exactly what he wants you to.he knows all of us fans will one day lose hope of returns.and when that happens he will in his own words return when we least expect him to.and i expect that to happen in the next 6 to 8 months or even mostly next year.its going to happen bcoz he is only 33 and a top class star.compare that to hhh's 37 years,taker's 42 & hbk's 41 years of age.

hey its ok to confuse me with siddhant.and no i am used to address others as sid too. in fact i had 4 people of the same name in college and we used to call ourselves sid .and a hell lot of confusion it had caused our professors.chill then.

anyways

HAPPYINDEPENDENCE DAYALL MY FRIENDS IN USA.ENJOY.
http://www.lunargifts.co.uk/wallrug%20pics/USA%20FLAG%2044.jpg

Siddhant
07-03-2006, 02:30 PM
Fuck,you're seriously stupid.You said its fake.Im saying some of the great stuff posted on wwe.com is fake 2? are you stupid or just really snobbish

the madscotsman
07-03-2006, 02:34 PM
He'll be back soon enough his movies are starting to suck

Assassin™
07-03-2006, 11:38 PM
Fuck,you're seriously stupid.You said its fake.Im saying some of the great stuff posted on wwe.com is fake 2? are you stupid or just really snobbishI'm not even exactly sure what you are trying to communicate here (I guess now I know what it feels like to be you). I never said anything was fake. I never even used that word in this thread before this post. I actually suggested the opposite about wwe.com.
think of it from his point of view.he has a family to support.Maybe you haven't been paying attention, but it's common knowledge now that The Rock makes more money doing movies than being a pro wrestler. Continuing his movie career would allow him to support his family better.
he after all has to live up to a family name and reputation worth three generations in wrestling.Just the opposite is true. The Rock is already a legend in the eyes of pro wrestling fans, as young as he is. He doesn't have to prove himself any further. He has already gone above and beyond any expectations bestowed on him by his father's or grandfather's careers.

If he continues his movie career and become a legendary actor, (please note the word "If"), he will only make his family's reputation even better than it already is due to his early success in pro wrestling.
you are doing exactly what he wants you to.he knows all of us fans will one day lose hope of returns.and when that happens he will in his own words return when we least expect him to.Untrue. I've never had hopes either way. I know he will be back (said that 3 times now in this thread).

That's not how the pro wrestling business works. If we as fans "lose hope", then we wouldn't care if he returned or not. He obviously needs a lot of hype and expectations for an appearance to work.

TickleMeStunner
07-03-2006, 11:57 PM
Damn Assassin, you had to repeat yourself enough, lol. I wonder if they realized what you said yet?

And I personally feel like he sold out. I know the deal with more money, but thats if his movies are good. I have to admit, I've only seen like 2 movies he has been in. They were good, not great, and good will get him by for now. But when he went away for the first time, we all that it would be just a one time deal. Now look at it, I too believe he will be back someday. I just can't wait any longer, and I know that it doesn't matter what I want as a fan.

But do you remember back when he came back at the Raw a couple weeks before WM 20. That was one of the biggest moments in my time watching wrestling. And I can only hope that when he comes back, he is here for a long enough time so we can see what The Rock really is. Not a Hollywood sell out that comes in for 1 appearance every 3 years, more than likely, just to collect a paycheck because he doesn't have a movie deal at the time.

Assassin™
07-04-2006, 12:42 AM
^If you're expecting anything more than that, you are in for a disappointment. I personally don't think The Rock even cares about being loyal to his WWE fans anymore. Why should he? He doesn't need them. There are more people who go to movie theaters than who watch RAW. I'm not saying I'm certain that he completely doesn't care about wrestling fans, it's just that he has no obligation to.

TickleMeStunner
07-05-2006, 02:57 AM
I'm not expecting that to happen, nor is there any possibility it will. And I agree, I don't think he cares about us as wrestling fans anymore. When he says, "Oh, The Rock still loves the wrestling fans, after all, I wouldn't be where I am today without them" and shit like that, it pisses me off because he only says that so we go watch his movies.

While the part where if it wasn't for us fans he wouldn't be where he is, I just don't think he cares anymore. And like you said, why should he.

ajs
07-05-2006, 03:12 AM
I Got 2 Words 4 Ya.... S E L L - O U T !!!!!!!!!

Assassin™
07-05-2006, 06:21 AM
I can only hope that when he comes back, he is here for a long enough time so we can see what The Rock really is. Not a Hollywood sell out that comes in for 1 appearance every 3 years, more than likely, just to collect a paycheck because he doesn't have a movie deal at the time.
If you're expecting anything more than that, you are in for a disappointment.
I'm not expecting that to happen, nor is there any possibility it will.So you're admitting to having false hopes? How can you hope for something but not expect it to happen because it's impossible? Seems like a contradiction.

RVD87
07-05-2006, 02:46 PM
Well im already over him for the most part. Its not that I hate him or anything, but the fact is that as long as you are loyal to me, i'll be loyal to you. Now, im not saying he is bad or even wrong for the career decision he has made. However, he decided to move on past us wrestling fans because he wanted more and that makes me question some.
This comes down to a love for the business. If you truly love wrestling with your heart and soul then why did you leave? Was it because of your love for your family? That would be understandable. I wouldn't want him to be broken down years from now because its his life and his body. I wish him the best, but from a fans perspective, the Rock has left those who appreciated him most in favor of an average movie career. A question of everyone in this thread, if the thing you loved most gave you an above average lifestyle ( he was still a millionaire) wouldn't you want to stay there with those who appreciated your craft.

TickleMeStunner
07-05-2006, 06:01 PM
Isn't having false hopes part of being a wrestling fan?

babybulls
07-05-2006, 08:05 PM
Ya i want rock to come back it would be so entertaining again when he starts making fun of people:D

Assassin™
07-06-2006, 04:27 AM
Isn't having false hopes part of being a wrestling fan?Not if you're a smark. The whole point is that our hopes aren't affecting The Rock's decision, so they are useless.

TickleMeStunner
07-06-2006, 08:08 PM
I never said they affected what the Rock does, and at this point, since the last time he came back, I'm starting not to care at all if he comes back or not. There will still be a little bit of a Rock mark buried in me somewhere, but I don't think I have to worry about it anymore.

Assassin™
07-07-2006, 12:44 AM
You seem to be swaying back and forth here. If your false hopes in the first place are in fact false and also don't affect anyone's decision, then what's the point of having them? Why even waste brain power wishing for The Rock to come back when you know he isn't?

If you like The Rock, that's great; I'm not saying you shouldn't. But all I am saying is that it's pointless to keep your fingers crossed that he will be making a full time return to WWE. It also is kind of immature and hypocritical for people to get mad at him for leaving. You would do the same thing. Well, I can't speak for everyone in this thread, but I know at least I would.

TickleMeStunner
07-07-2006, 11:05 PM
I have MY hopes for ME. I don't hope the Rock comes back, to see if me hoping really does bring him back. Yes, I do hope he comes back, but I never said that by me hoping, the Rock will come back. Thats why it is a hope. And just because I know that a full time return won't happen, doesn't mean I still can't wish it did.

And like I said, I will always somewhat like the Rock, but anymore, its just a taste of the past that I'm looking for. After all, thats all the WWE seems to want to do now anyway. Bringing back storylines that were great in 1998. So, that is why I say I hope he comes back full time. Not because I believe he will, but because its something I feel like doing to amuse myself.