PDA

View Full Version : Pink beats Oasis in singles chart

JohnCenaFan28
10-07-2008, 12:39 AM
US singer Pink has beaten Oasis to claim the number one single in the UK, with the Britpop veterans having to settle for third place.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45080000/jpg/_45080145_-13.jpg

Pink's So What climbed up from 38, while Oasis's new song The Shock of The Lightning failed to get past Kings of Leon, last week's chart toppers.

It is the first time in six years that Pink has scored a UK number one song.

In the album chart, Kings of Leon thwarted Will Young's bid for the top spot with his fourth album Let It Go.

New material

The Tennessee band's record Only By The Night sold more than 220,000 copies in its first week, and is one of the swiftest-selling albums of the year so far.

James Morrison made his debut at three with Songs For You Truths For Me, followed by teen singer Andrew Johnston, who made his name on Britain's Got Talent.

UK TOP FIVE SINGLES
1 So What - Pink
2 Sex On Fire - Kings of Leon
3 The Shock of The Lightning - Oasis
4 Girls - Sugababes
5 I Love You Anyway - Boyzone
Source: Official Charts Company

Elsewhere in the singles rundown, revived Irish band Boyzone scored a new entry at number five with a first taste of their new material, I Love You Anyway.

They made their debut just behind Sugababes at number four, who clambered four places with their latest hit Girls.

Other songs in the top 10 dropped in position, including Katy Perry's long-running chart topper I Kissed A Girl.

Love Shy (Thinking About You) by Manchester trio Platnum leapt up to number 20 from last week's 158.

BBC News

DUKE NUKEM
12-01-2008, 07:50 AM
thanks for this Eel