PDA

View Full Version : Silvestre at Wenger's disposal

Black Widow
10-08-2008, 01:09 PM
Mikael Silvestre is eager to make his competitive bow for Arsenal after enjoying a 'perfect run-out' with the reserve side.

The defender joined the Gunners in a shock move from rivals Manchester United over the summer, but has yet to make his first-team debut due to injury troubles.

However, the 31-year-old is at manager Arsene Wenger's disposal for the next game against Everton on 18th October after playing the full 90 minutes in a reserve-team victory over Stoke City on Monday.

Experience

He said on the club's official website: "I feel good. I got through the 90 minutes without any discomfort or pain and physically I felt at the same level as my team-mates so it felt good.

"The boss [Arsene Wenger] asked me if I wanted to play because it was a long time since I last played competitively, back in August or July with United.

"Before I get back with the first team it was good for me to play and get something other than training.

"It was a perfect run-out before playing with the first team. It is a good level in the Reserve League and getting to know my young team-mates was a good experience."

sky sports