PDA

View Full Version : Bride Gives Birth During Wedding

Black Widow
10-15-2008, 11:54 AM
A pregnant bride started giving birth during her marriage ceremony, it has been revealed.

Emma Lowdon's contractions began as she tied the knot with her partner Sean Allum, 35, but she was determined to finish the service.

The 36-year-old even managed to squeeze some time in at the wedding reception before being rushed to a hospital delivery room.

Baby Josh was born five weeks prematurely weighing 5lbs, less than 24 hours after his parents' wedding in a register office in Ashington, Northumberland.

The maternity room was renamed the Honeymoon Suite by hospital staff.

Mrs Allum, from Dudley, Northumberland, told Newcastle-based The Journal the experience had been "surreal".

"We did consider cancelling the wedding after my waters broke on Tuesday, but I was absolutely determined that I would be married, and I would be Mrs Allum, before the baby came," she told the newspaper.

The couple fixed their wedding date for last Friday after Mrs Allum became pregnant earlier this year.

A Northumbria Healthcare spokeswoman said: "We aim to provide a welcoming and friendly atmosphere for patients in our maternity units and we're very pleased to hear of the positive experience of Mr and Mrs Allum.

"Our maternity services have been rated fifth best in the country by an independent health watchdog.

"We're very proud of our midwives and the services they provide."

sky news

JohnCenaFan28
10-15-2008, 08:57 PM
Thanks for this.