PDA

View Full Version : Green Day 'bag Nirvana producer'

JohnCenaFan28
10-15-2008, 09:03 PM
Green Day have released a video showing themselves at work in the studio with legendary Nirvana producer Butch Vig.

The clip is the first confirmation from the band that they're working with Vig on the follow-up to 'American Idiot'.

During the video, frontman Billie Joe Armstrong is seen laying down a guitar part overseen by the producer.

As well as drumming in rock band Garbage, Vig has helmed albums like Nirvana's Nevermind and Smashing Pumpkins' Siamese Dream.

New songs

The 45-second video is filmed in the control room of a recording studio, and features three excerpts from Green Day's new material.

However, all the music featured in the clip is instrumental.

Armstrong told Rolling Stone last year that his new songs sound more "middle-aged" than the band's previous work.

"I want to dig into who I am and what I'm feeling at this moment," he added.

It had seemed likely that the band were due to work with Vig on the album for some time.

Garbage singer Shirley Manson even revealed that her bandmate was busy with the veteran pop-punk trio on an American talk show earlier this month.

Green Day have worked with producer Rob Cavallo on nearly all of their releases since their 1994 major label debut Dookie.

The band haven't released an official album since 2004's rock opera American Idiot.

However, the trio teamed up with their onstage backing musicians earlier this year to put out an album, Stop Drop and Roll!!!, as their 'secret' side project Foxboro Hot Tubs.

-BBC News