PDA

View Full Version : RF Kurt Angle Shoot: Interesting Stuff Revealed

The Olympic Chick
10-18-2008, 07:45 AM
I picked up the RF Kurt Angle shoot DVD. What an awesome DVD, any Angle fan should buy it! I loved it! I took the time to type out some of the quotes from the interview as well as little nuggets of information that I found interesting and that I didn't know about:

Kurt on his relationship with Vince:

"I love Vince. He was like...I lost my dad at a young age and when I got into WWE he took me in like a son. You know at one point, we even joked about it how he wished I was his son-in-law and how I wished I was his son-in-law. You know, it was a father-son but also a tough love relationship. If I got my butt in trouble Vince was there supporting me but he was like 'you're going to get yourself out of it'. He protected me. I said a lot of things I shouldn't have said in that company when I was in it. And even when I got out of it. But I had a lot of anger. When I needed help and no one was there to help me, I felt betrayed at that time. Now I have no more remorse about anything and I have a lot of respect about what Vince McMahon does."

Kurt's Relationship with Stephanie and how it brought about the Love Triangle:

"You know what, Stephanie and I, it was funny, we didn't have an attraction, like sexual attraction, we had a good friendship. We were attracted to each other in that way. So someone saw that and you know Stephanie was trying to, you know the whole deal with Triple H, what they were doing at the time, and they were thinking, 'who could we use to make Triple H jealous?' and 'who's an upcoming guy.." they really needed me to step up because we had a lot of guys out with injury. So the whole thing happened because Stephanie and I were really good friends and it looked like we would be a good couple. That could be together. So the writers went with it. I know Triple H was cool about it. We had a lot of fun with it. I was disappointed about how it ended. It really didn't end. We could have played with that for another four or five-six months. It was never clear if Stephanie really did sleep with my character or if Kurt Angle made it all up.

Was Triple H Against the Love Triangle Storyline?:

"No not at all, Triple H was cool with it. He and Steph enjoyed the angle. They knew that fans were into it and they were able to get into it. They were caught into it and liked it, they wanted to see how it was going to pan out: was Steph going to end up with Kurt or Triple H?"

Little interesting Tidbits:

Someone put the wrong glass up for King of the Ring 2001 Angle vs. McMahon street fight. I it was supposed ot be sugar glass but it was plexiglass.

Angle and Austin's Unforgiven 2001 match for the WWE title was originally booked where Austin was going to win. Kurt called Vince and told him that he thinks he should go over because of what had happened with 9/11 and how he represented America. Vince thought Kurt was right and told him to call Austin. Kurt called Stone Cold and Austin was okay with letting Kurt go over. Then of course this followed with Kurt losing the title on the next RAW or a week or so after.

The Undisputed title run with the two championships was originally going to be Kurt's. Vince went to him and asked him if he would let Jericho have it because he wanted to push Y2J. Kurt had no problem with giving it to Chris Jericho, he thought Jericho deserved it.

=============================

Just a few notes from the DVD that I thought I'd share. Again, I recommend the vid to any Kurt Angle fan or wrestling fan.

Black Widow
10-18-2008, 08:47 PM
Love Triangle was awesome

JohnCenaFan28
10-18-2008, 09:35 PM
Thanks for this.

DUKE NUKEM
10-19-2008, 06:57 AM
very nice thanks for the read