PDA

View Full Version : Crespo says England are a threat

Dmac
06-17-2006, 12:48 PM
Crespo says England are a threat

http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/16/41777808cresp12700ae.jpg

Argentina striker Hernan Crespo insists England are still a threat at the World Cup, despite two below-par performances from Sven-Goran Eriksson's side.

"England had a problem with beating Trinidad and Tobago but they deserved to win and I know them - they are very dangerous," said the Chelsea forward.

Spain and Italy have also impressed Crespo, who added that Argentina will not get carried away with a fine start.

"We are really happy with our displays, but we need to be calm," he stated.

The 30-year-old scored in the 6-0 drubbing handed out to Serbia and Montenegro on Friday, which will serve to reinforce Argentina's tag as favourites in many quarters.

But Crespo said: "We are not thinking so much about being favourites.

"We have only played two matches. We showed good football but this is only the beginning of the tournament. We need to be calm.

"I'm sure there are a few teams that can win it. Brazil are still the favourites for me."

Argentina's next game is against Holland in Frankfurt on Wednesday, when the two countries will battle it out for top spot in Group C, with a match against either the winner or runner-up of Group D to follow in the second round.

"It is important we win the group," said Crespo.

"I don't know about the draw but we take confidence in our performance."

If Argentina and England both win their groups, they will avoid each other at the quarter-final stage and set up a possible final meeting - if both reach that stage.

Credit - BBC Sport

Ethan Hunt
06-19-2006, 07:43 AM
He's right.....I fully agree with him! lol