PDA

View Full Version : Woman, 89, arrested for refusing to return ball

JohnCenaFan28
10-21-2008, 08:32 PM
An 89-year-old woman has been arrested in the US for refusing to give back a ball a child had kicked into her garden.

Edna Jester was taken to a police station in Cincinnati after the child's parents complained she had kept the American football.

Police Captain James Schaffer said officers twice warned Mrs Jester and finally arrested her after she refused to accept a citation. She must appear in court next month.

Mrs Jester said: "I said go ahead and arrest me. Handcuff me if you'd like, because I said I'm not guilty of anything".

The boy's mother, Kelly Tanis, said Mrs Jester had taken balls from her five children before, so she called the police.

She said: "This time it was a ball that my son had just bought with his own money. He works and he makes his own money, and he bought that ball, and six days later she took it."

The incident was caught on tape by neighbours who support Mrs Jester's plight.

One, Kevin Pike, said: "Taken down and interrogated, a (near) 90 year-old lady. This can't happen and this is absolutely ridiculous."

-Ananova

Kenpachi Zaraki
10-22-2008, 06:29 PM
lol yeah it was in the papers here today

DUKE NUKEM
10-25-2008, 05:14 PM
lol thanks for this Eel

scorpionf
10-26-2008, 10:35 AM
LOL, well, if they stopped kicking their balls into her yard there would not be a problem!

6 seems a bit excessive and surely the kids could have been more careful....