PDA

View Full Version : Bargain home needs helicopter

JohnCenaFan28
10-21-2008, 08:34 PM
A first-time buyer snapped up an old water tower to convert into a house - to find he can only reach it by air.

Ashley Parsons, 20, bought the medieval-style 150ft tower for a bargain £33,000, reports the Daily Mirror.

But the firm that owns the surrounding land is refusing to give him access rights, so he cannot get to it on foot or by car.

Mr Parsons said: "The only way I can access my home legally would be by jumping from a helicopter on to the roof. The nearest public road is 30 metres away but even though there is a connecting path I'm not legally allowed on it.

"It's a pathetic decision but they won't stop me. I'm not going to walk away quietly."

Because of a clause in the deeds allowing access for construction, he can get to and from the tower while he is redeveloping it. But once the work is finished, so do his access rights.

Ashley bought the 60-year-old tower, which is on a former RAF base near Weston-super-Mare, Somerset, at auction last month.

Landowner Annington Properties said it was made abundantly clear before auction that the property was landlocked.

A spokeswoman said: "Mr Parsons did not contact Annington at any time. The company made it clear they did not want the tower redeveloped."

-Ananova