PDA

View Full Version : JR Comments On Bret Hart, Picks Jericho At Cyber Sunday, Talks About Jeff Hardy&More

JohnCenaFan28
10-23-2008, 04:49 PM
Jim Ross has posted his latest blog on his official website. Below are the highlights:

- Yours truly received a cool email from Bret "The Hitman" Hart this week. It is always nice to hear from friends especially friends that are happy and doing well. Bret's provocative autobiography has made its way onto the New York Times Best Seller list and it cannot come more highly recommended from me. There are only a few books that I have read that I honestly feel all wrestling and sports fans should read and this is one of them. I still think that Bret's autobiography would make a entertaining film or dramatic series on a HBO-like network.

- Who are you picking in the Chris Jericho vs. Batista bout at Cyber Sunday this weekend in Phoenix? Sounded like the Raw announce team is heavily leaning towards Batista but I'm hanging my hat on Jericho retaining his title.

- The enigma known as Jeff Hardy and yours truly were on the same flight coming out of Laredo to DFW to catch our connecting flights home Tuesday and I am happy to report that there were no "incidents" that would be considered internet worthy. That is unless snoring is considered controversial and that would have been me. I will admit it. I'm man enough to say I snored rather loudly or so I am told on the American Eagle flight. I should have hooked up my CPAP machine but it was in checked baggage. I apologize to all my fans....both of you.

- The WWE's 3 day tour of Puerto Rico grossed over $1.2M in tickets sales alone.

- In Mexico, the WWE did huge business during their four events in Monterrey and Mexico City grossing approximately $2.5M in ticket sales in only four events.

- The Hardy brothers did a media day in Laredo while working on little or no sleep after the Mexico tour that paid considerable dividends for the attendance on Tuesday night. Smackdown/ECW in Laredo actually out grossed the Corpus Christi Raw which is a rare occurrence. A huge day of ticket sales in Laredo.

- The WWE crew is excited about the upcoming European tour in November that includes a Friday Night Smackdown taping in Manchester on Tuesday November 11 which is already sold out. That would be the night the "Angriest Man in the World" (Tazz) and yours truly broadcast a super sized night of Smackdown.

- The Survivor Series in Boston is also sold out the Sunday before Thanksgiving. When I think of Boston, I always think of sharing a small locker room in the old, Boston Garden with the late Gorilla Monsoon and him telling me stories of many of the escapades that occurred back in the day in the home of the Celtics and the Bruins. Blackjack Mulligan is lucky to have gotten out of the Garden in Boston alive once upon a time.

Click here ( http://www.jrsbarbq.com/blog/lia-maiviahitman-emailjericho-picked-retainmonsoonmulliganwwe-europe) to read JR's latest blog in its entirety.