PDA

View Full Version : Ron Wood in rehab 'but will tour'

OMEN
06-17-2006, 10:54 PM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41778000/jpg/_41778494_wood_getty203b.jpg
Wood played in Rod Stewart's band The Faces in the 1970s
Rolling Stones guitarist Ron Wood is being treated for alcohol dependency in London - but the band insist he will definitely join their European tour.

Wood's publicist confirmed that the 59-year-old had checked into a clinic in London and was in need of rest.

He has been in rehabilitation before and has long battled drinking problems.

The group are due to play in Milan on 11 July, continuing a world tour halted when Keith Richards needed head surgery after falling out of a tree in Fiji.

The tour, A Bigger Bang, has been travelling the world since August 2005.

Rescheduled dates

The band have played in countries including the US, China and Brazil, where more than one million fans saw them perform for free on Copacabana Beach.

Their first 15 European concerts had to be rescheduled, while 10 dates remain postponed and two dates in Germany were cancelled.

"Excuse me, I fell off of my perch," Richards said after being declared fit. "Sorry to disrupt everyone's plans - but now it's full steam ahead."

In 2000, Wood checked into the Priory Clinic in London to undergo treatment for alcohol abuse.

Earlier the same year, the former Faces guitarist had an on-stage confrontation with club DJ Brandon Block at the Brit Awards, throwing a drink over him.

Wood has been a legendary party animal since the 1960s and even had a pub built in the grounds of his mansion in Ireland.

BBC