PDA

View Full Version : 'Sick' worker's Facebook gaffe

JohnCenaFan28
10-26-2008, 07:40 PM
An Australian call centre worker is in trouble after he bragged about "chucking a sickie" on Facebook.

Management at AAPT in Sydney are investigating after a viral email containing an exchange between Kyle Doyle and his boss was circulated around the world.

In the email, Doyle, 21, tried to convince his human resources department that he was genuinely unwell and could not come in to work.

However, his plan came unstuck when Niresh Regmi sent him back a snapshot of his Facebook page with the status "not going to work, f*** it i'm still trashed SICKIE WOO".

A spokeswoman for AAPT said the company was aware of the matter.

"It's unfortunate because it was in the public domain," she told the Australian Daily Telegraph.

"It involves one of our employees and we're doing an internal investigation, but I can't comment any further because of the nature of what it's about."

The email, which some reports had suggested was a hoax, starts with Regmi asking Doyle for a medical certificate to prove he deserved a day off.

Doyle wrote back saying he did not need a medical certificate for one day's leave.

Regmi replied that his line manager determined his leave was not due to medical reasons and when Kyle asked him for proof he sent him the Facebook posting.

-Ananova

Swinny
10-26-2008, 08:40 PM
Facebook seems to be making people so fucking stupid. Honestly, do people not realize that everything is reading this shit? It's ridiculous, it makes me worried for the future, it really does.