PDA

View Full Version : Mac Mini Still Alive? New Model Coming?

Kellie
10-27-2008, 12:13 PM
MacMiniColo.net, an internet hosting company that has a vested interest in Apple's Mac mini computers, has published a "State of the Mac mini" report in which they claim that they have heard that a new Mac mini is on the way. Specifically, they believe (with some certainty) that it will gain the following specs:

- A new Mini DisplayPort
- Increase in max RAM to 4GB
- SATA Optical drive (instead of ATA/IDE)

MacMiniColo.net certainly has a financial interest in the continuation of the Mac mini and, as a result, may be in the position to have heard about its fate. The hosting company also dispels the notion that the Mac mini is selling poorly and believes that the mini is still a very popular model both for businesses and consumers.

A recent report has raised the question about the fate of the low end Apple Mac, with claims that the model has already stopped shipping to retailers. This report, however, was in contrast to recent claims (March 2008) that at least one more model is on the way. According to our Buyer's Guide, the Mac mini has not been updated for 444 days.

Mac Rumours

JohnCenaFan28
10-27-2008, 09:26 PM
Thanks for this Kellie.

OMEN
10-28-2008, 06:26 PM
Great post Kellie i never knew you were such a Mac Fan...

Kellie
10-28-2008, 10:38 PM
I just like keeping section updated OMEN, you know when people that usually keep things updated dont come on here much, I do that alot around here