PDA

View Full Version : Lego fanatic finds love

JohnCenaFan28
10-28-2008, 06:08 PM
A self-confessed Lego fanatic is getting married after finally meeting a girl he loves as much as his bricks.

Simon Burfield's fiancee Stephanie Nicholls is so understanding that she proposed to him - by giving him a Lego rose and a ring at Legoland in Windsor.

Simon, a 27-year-old consultancy manager, told the Daily Mirror: "I never thought I'd find a girl I love as much as my Lego.

"I can see the slight oddness of my hobby, so I wanted to make sure Stephanie was OK with it by mentioning it on our first date. But if she hadn't been I don't think we would have got together.

"One of my previous girlfriends found it really odd. Ironically, though, it was another one who got me into it. I was fed up of having to sit with her for hours every day watching soaps, so I decided to buy some Lego and build something."

Simon now owns more than a million Lego bricks and spends hours every day playing with them. His hobby costs him £300 a month and he has more than 200 models cluttering up their home in Farnborough, Hampshire.

Stephanie says: "When he took me back to his home the first thing I thought when I walked through the door was that he had kids. There was Lego everywhere - Harry Potter scenes in the kitchen cupboards instead of food, an Indiana Jones scene in the living room, Lego pirates in his bedroom.

"I don't know why, but it didn't freak me out too much. Besides, by then I was already falling in love. There was no way I was going to, er, brick it."

Simon and Stephanie had gone to the same school in Aldershot, Hants, but only got together again through social networking site Facebook. They are now planning a Lego-themed wedding next year.

Stephanie says: "Lego is so much a part of our lives it has to be a big part of our wedding ceremony. We've already picked a Lego bride and groom to go on top of the cake."

-Ananova

DUKE NUKEM
10-31-2008, 07:38 AM
wow thanks for the read Eel