PDA

View Full Version : CM Punk Discusses Why He Lives A Straight Edge Lifestyle

JohnCenaFan28
11-05-2008, 04:28 AM
ESPN.com has a feature on CM Punk in their Video Games section, looking at his character on the upcoming SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 video game. While the majority of the feature is dedicated to Punk talking about the game, he did provide quotes on his straight edge lifestyle.

"I've always been straight edge, I just didn't know it," Punk told ESPN.

"I never smoked or drank or did drugs. Through music, I found out that there was this whole culture of people who were just like me and they called themselves straight edge. When I found out, I was like, cool, that's me. It was something that made sense. I had a label for myself finally, and I ran with it. There's a lot of pride in me with being straight edge. I have it tattooed on my body. And once I found out that there was a name for how I was, my life changed. "

"I'm one of those old souls and I had just seen so much stupid stuff at a young age at parties. I always ran with an older crowd and my dad was an alcoholic, so I just never saw the reason to use a crutch. I'm a meet my problems head-on kind of guy. If there's a problem, I want to take care of it. I don't need to drink to forget about it or get high. That's just not me." Punk continued.

Click here ( http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/news/story?id=3681074) to check out the full feature.

DUKE NUKEM
11-05-2008, 07:31 AM
thanks for the read Eel