PDA

View Full Version : RAW House Results - 16th Jun 2006 (Hartford, Connecticut)

LionDen
06-18-2006, 08:17 PM
RAW House Results - 16th Jun 2006

Report by Chris Day

Detailed RAW House Show Results - Hartford, CT

1. Eugene vs Rob Conway- Eugene was very over with the crowd. This match was more of a joke though. Eugene went hiding under the ring, and rode Conway like a horse. Eugene hit the Hogan Boot, and Leg Drop but Conway kicked out. Eugene then hit the Stone Cold Stunner to win it.
Winner: Eugene

2. The Highlanders vs Lance Cade, Trevor Murdoch- The Highlanders got a pretty good reaction from the crowd considering they haven't appeared in a match on RAW yet. They were pretty impressive too. At one point Murdoch/Cade got into a little argument then made up and hugged to get a "Brokeback Mountain" chant started. In the end the Highlanders win it.
Winners: The Highlanders

3. As the Highlanders were leaving.......Umaga come out and attacks them. Armando gets on the mic does the normal introduction and Big Vis comes out. This lasted only a couple of minutes...yawn....Umaga wins
Winner: Umaga

4. Carltio vs Johnny Nitro w/ Melina- Melina's entrance is the greatest thing in the world. They got a nice pop when they came out, but Carltio got a bigger one. It was a pretty good match with Carlito winning it with that backbreaker-knee thing he does.
Winner: Carlito

5. Classroom Segment with Matt Striker.- Yawn. I'll make it short. "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan comes out. Some "USA" chants, Striker makes fun of him and gets punched in the face. End of story.

6. Kane vs Randy Orton- I thought this was pretty good. Orton wasted lots of time at the beginning of the match. He also came out the "This Fire Burns'' by Killswitch Engage the Backlash theme thats on the Wreckless Intent CD. Kane got a big pop when he came out. The match went about 10-15 minutes when Kane chokeslammed Orton. The music goes off and the "Imposter Kane" appears. He gets in the ring, and Kane knocks him right out. Kane turns around and gets an RKO, Orton picks up the victory.
Winner: Randy Orton

**After the Match**- The "imposter'' Kane gets in the ring and chokeslams Kane. As the imposter is leaving Kane sits up and looks at him.

~Intermission~

7. Divas Tag Team Bra and Panties Match
Maria, Torrie Wilson vs Candice and WWE Women's Champ Mickie James.- Ok match not really any wrestling just the Divas trying to rip each others clothes off. In the end, Candace and Mickie won.
Winners: Candice and Mickie James

**After the match** The Coach was at ringside and gets in the ring. He tells Candice to give him a kiss. Mickie sets up behind Coach and Candice pushes him over.

8. No DQ Match-Edge vs John Cena- HUGE Pop for Cena which surprised me. However, I could hear some boos mixed in, but the crowd was probably 80% Cena fans. "Let's Go Cena" chants 5 or 6 times during the match. Cena got busted open badly about 5 minutes in. Edge hit him with the mic and asked if John could "see him now". The steel steps were brought in and Edge drilled Cena in the head. Cena's face was fully covered in blood and going all over his chest and the mat. Edge was getting covered in Cena's blood there was so much. In the end Edge missed a Spear and then was a victim of the FU and Cena picks up the win.

9. 5 on 2 Handicap Match- The DX Reunion- This was the first official time that HBK and The Game have teamed up in 8 years.(I think). The Hartford Civic Center went crazy when the "Are You Ready?" music played. Triple H and Shawn Micheals came out were DX shirts and thw crowd(including me) went nuts. Triple H says "For the thousands in attendance and the millions not watchin at home, Let's get ready to SUCK IT!!!!!!!" HUGE POP for this. Micheals takes the mic and says "If your not down witht that we got 2 words for ya..........SUCK IT!!!"

Spirit Squad vs D-Generation X- Michaels was beaten pretty good thorughout the match.I lost track of what Squad member were in the ring but oh well. The ending came when HBK hit I think Mitch with Sweet Chin Music and Triple H pedigreed I think Johnny or Mikey. They got the double pinfall to win it.

Thoughts: Pretty good show. I'll say 9 out of 10. Largely in part to the 1st time that Triple H and Michaels have teamed up in years. It was great to be the 1st ones to see that. Lot of fun, and Michaels and Triple H went into the crowd after. HBK didnt go to far into the crowd, but Triple H got mobbed by at least 75-100 fans. GREAT SHOW..especially the return of D-Generation X

Ian Diago
07-03-2006, 09:50 AM
thx man