PDA

View Full Version : Jericho itching to get back to Winnipeg

Black Widow
11-27-2008, 12:32 PM
Chris Jericho is coming home, and he's bringing WWE RAW with him.

It's been four years since Winnipeg's own wrestling star last performed in his hometown, but after returning to World Wrestling Entertainment a year ago he is looking forward to his Jan. 9 appearance at MTS Centre.

"It's always great to come back to Winnipeg -- you want it to be a great show. Winnipeg is a huge wrestling town," Jericho told the Winnipeg Sun less than 24 hours after losing the World Heavyweight Championship to John Cena at Sunday night's Survivor Series in Boston.

"I always take pride that whenever I come to town I give people the best, whether they love me or hate me."

It's been two years since the WWE last came to Winnipeg.

Although he often plays the heel, Jericho said that doesn't always fly in your hometown.

"Sometimes you go to your hometown and you can't play the bad guy, because they won't buy it ... they know you," he said.

The Jan. 9 RAW card will include a Triple Threat Match for the World Heavyweight Championship with Jericho, John Cena and Batista as well as a World Tag Team Championship match.

When Jericho not thinking about trouncing his opponents in front of his Winnipeg fans this January, he will be making a stop at DJ's Pizza, a must visit for him when in town.

"Pepperoni and ground beef ... that's always my favourite," he said.

Before his return to the WWE, the father of three had taken a two-year hiatus from wrestling to complete a book about his early career -- A Lion's Tale -- and explore other avenues of performance, including radio and the stage. Jericho had also been touring with his band Fozzy.

But recently -- in addition to having been defending his title around the continent -- Jericho has also been working on a second book.

"It's been taking longer than I expected, but I want to get it right ... I think people will really enjoy it," he said, adding the book will focus on his later career.

Tickets for WWE RAW go on sale through Ticketmaster on Nov. 29 at 10 a.m.

Slam Wrestling

DUKE NUKEM
11-27-2008, 07:01 PM
thanks for the read Ryan

JohnCenaFan28
11-27-2008, 11:28 PM
Thanks for this.