PDA

View Full Version : Jim Ross Talks About Last Night's Raw, Praises Mickie James, More

JohnCenaFan28
12-03-2008, 01:55 AM
Jim Ross has posted a new blog on his official website where he shares his thoughts on last night's edition of Raw. Below are highlights:

- I am anxious to see the film "The Wrestler" starring Mickey Rourke. I have been sold on the trailers that I have seen. The typical, sensationalized lines such as the "dark under belly of wrestling" is expected as those are marketable terms and today's society generally loves that sort of "dark reality." Most entities have an unflattering side including every form of entertainment and sports that I have ever observed. ESPN even has a legal analyst on call to handle the constant legal issues they cover on their network IE the NYG's Plaxico Burress this week.

- I read a WWE.com interview where Mickey James has professional goals after her WWE career ends. Smart, young lady. I wish that every performer had a valid and thought out contingency plan for when their wrestling days are over. With the money many of today's wrestlers earn there is absolutely no reason that many of the men and women in the business today shouldn't be able to have productive and comfortable lives after their in-ring wrestling days have ended. I hope that every one of them has a professional advising them as to their tax planning, retirement planning and giving them good advice on building small businesses today into larger, more productive businesses in the future. It is sad to see wrestlers who have earned big money in their lives squander it, totally not prepare for their after life and end up being the inspiration for a talented actor like Mickey Rourke in a film about the reality of some wrestler's lives.

- Friday Night Smackdown attracted almost 3.8 million viewers last Friday night breaking another record on MyNetworkTV. Smackdown was also the most watched broadcast program on TV Friday night in several demos including all persons 12-17 and virtually every male demo in the entertainment genre.

- This Friday night on Smackdown features a strong, steel cage match featuring the Big Show and the Undertaker that really clicked. Strong, strong effort by both big men.

- The Armageddon card in Buffalo is shaping up nicely. I sure hope we have a full house in the home of the Bills and Di Paulo's amazing Italian eatery.

- Overall, I thought Raw was a solid broadcast but at times it felt like I was being overwhelmed with content. That might be more of an indication of my age or the way I enjoy watching TV and less an indictment on the program. Sometimes I think many wrestling shows cram too much in their hour or two hour format and forget that the vast majority of the viewers have much info to retain in their lives in a 144 hour week.

You can read the full post at this link ( http://www.jrsbarbq.com/blog/jrs-raw-thoughtslesnarcouturesooners-kcjr-headed-phillydo-your-holiday-shopping-here-today).

Super Klawz
12-03-2008, 02:53 AM
Mickie James in a sex scene in a movie!! :shifty:

DUKE NUKEM
12-03-2008, 07:40 AM
thanks for the read Eel