PDA

View Full Version : Call to ban Brangelina from Namibia

OMEN
06-21-2006, 07:46 AM
http://stuff.co.nz/inl/common/imageViewer/0,1445,242058,00.jpg
Angelina Jolie
Charity campaigners are calling for Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt to be banned from Namibia after the couple's recent stay for the birth of their first child.

Namibia's National Society for Human Rights (NSHR) branded the couple "colonial overlords" and accused them of taking over the African country when Shiloh Nouvel was born this month.

An NSHR spokesman said: "To shut down a national border so she can give birth in peace is a massive abuse of power."

The human rights campaigners claim Angelina and Brad "used heavy-handed and brutal tactics" to persuade the Namibian government to agree to their demands.

Meanwhile, Angelina has confessed she was "terrified" while giving birth to her daughter.

The Tomb Raider star has spoken out about the delivery of Shiloh Nouvel and her immediate worries after childbirth.

In an interview with America's CNN news network, she said: "You know, because I wasn't there for the birth of my first two kids, I was suddenly terrified that she was not gonna take a first breath.

"That was my whole focus. I just wanted to hear her cry." Angelina, 31, already has two adopted children - 16-month-old Zahara and 4-year-old Maddox - but Shiloh, born last month, is her first child with Brad.

-Bang! Showbiz

scorpionf
06-21-2006, 10:27 AM
That's a bit hypocritical... The Namibian Government was pushing for it because the tourism industry would have recieved a big boost, and now some society is complaining about them having being there?!?!

From all reports, it seemed that many of the locals didn't care... That it was the paparazzi causing the problems...