PDA

View Full Version : Britain's worst Xmas tree?

JohnCenaFan28
12-04-2008, 12:12 AM
Residents of Peterlee have labelled the town's Christmas tree the worst in Britain.

http://www.ananova.com/images/web/1458895.jpg

The shabby tree only arrived hours before former Atomic Kitten Natasha Hamilton was due to turn on the lights and town centre bosses say it was too late to send it back.

Local councillor Joan Maslin said she had been inundated with complaints about the tree, reports the Daily Telegraph.

"It is a disgrace and an insult to Peterlee. It's condition already looks like the tree you take to the council tip in January after the festivities are over," she said.

"At this time of year, with the credit crunch, people are feeling gloomy and the tree is supposed to add festive cheer. But this one will only make people feel more miserable.

"People have been phoning me and stopping me in the street to complain about the threadbare state."

But Mike Weston, manager of the shopping centre which paid for the tree, said the council had no right to complain as it had not contributed towards the cost.

"I admit, it doesn't look very good. But the local councillor had the cheek to complain - the council has not contributed a penny towards the Christmas decorations.

"We ordered a standard Christmas tree from a supplier, and when this awful thing arrived, it was too late to send it back before the switch-on.

"We have spent thousands of pounds lighting up the town centre and hiring Santa to come and give free toys to children on Saturdays, and these toys are not rubbish ones. If the council is so concerned let them spend some of their money on another tree."

-Nova

Black Widow
12-04-2008, 01:04 AM
:rofl: cant you just feel the love that went into making that up

John
12-04-2008, 08:11 AM
Lulz.

Thanks for posting!

DUKE NUKEM
12-04-2008, 08:31 PM
lol

thanks for the read Eel