PDA

View Full Version : Santa and elves beaten up at 'Lapland'

JohnCenaFan28
12-04-2008, 12:17 AM
A Santa and three of his elves have been attacked by disgruntled customers at a Lapland theme park.

Lapland New Forest, located on the Dorset Hampshire border - which costs £25 a ticket - promises a magical festive experience.

However disappointed families have spoken of a "glorified car boot sale" with a Nativity scene on a billboard, a broken iceskating rink and huskies in a muddy field.

The park has now been dubbed "Winter blunderland" and has received 1,300 complaints, reports the Daily Telegraph.

Adrian Wood, 49, a worker who resigned from the park said: "Santa was punched by a furious father who had been waiting in line for four hours.

"He had got to the front only to be told he couldn't take a picture of his children and that they weren't allowed to sit on Santa's lap."

Ivan Hancock, from Dorset County Council's trading standards department, said: "I've never known anything spark so many complaints in my 20 years of working with three different authorities. We have had 1,300 people contact us."

Henry Mears, from Lapland New Forest Limited, confirmed that his staff had been attacked.

"So far about six of our staff - three elves and three security - have been assaulted and all have been verbally abused," he said.

But Mr Mears insisted: "I would like to point out that 95 per cent of the people who come to Lapland New Forest are extremely happy with it."

-Nova