PDA

View Full Version : Off-Air Report From Last Night's SmackDown/ECW Taping

JohnCenaFan28
12-10-2008, 06:17 PM
Wrestling News World reader Robert Kaminski sent the following report:

Just got in from the ECW/SmackDown taping, and I have to say it was a mediocre show at best.

Security confiscated my "Demento Fears Clark" sign before entering the arena.

Our seats were literally right next to the ramp, 5 rows from ringside so we got to see and hear all the good stuff.

Tony Chimmell was getting heckled all night by 3 guys in the front row, he seemed to be getting pissed towards the end of the night.

Dark Match:
Kizarny got a good pop during his intro, which eventually lead to some good heat. The guy looks like Jack Sparrow. Not too impressed with his ring work either. Fans were behind Noble.

ECW:
Grisham comes out to little/no reaction. Striker comes out next to a huge ovation, even stopped to pose for a picture for me.

Dreamer got a good reception with the typical EC-Dub chants. Kozlov and Swagger both caught big time heat from everyong (Except me, who marked out for both)

Miz and Morrison got a HUGE pop, which was clearly edited out. The crowd was pro M&M the whole way, with numerous "Let's Go Morrison!" chants, again edited.

Glad to see the Boogeyman back in action, thats one scary looking dude, but he's alot bigger in person.

Main event was boring, but Tony Atlas' attire made up for it

Smackdown!

Always good to see Dean Malenko come out and break up a skirmish (HHH and Hardy)

Kennedy's microphone was lowered halfway through the MVP/Truth match, getting a huge reaction from the fans. Giant pop when his music hits.

Primo/Kendrick should have been alot better than it was, but still a decent match. After the match, Carlito was heading back to the locker room when a fan yelled "you suck!" Carlito turned around and flipped the guy off, it was priceless.

Helms did not get the ovation he deserves after what he's gone through, but Shelton got a good pop, especially from me...Great match, but kind of an akward ending, and it seems they are going to start a little title feud between the two.

Mixed reaction for Edge, crowd marked out for Hardy

Khali squashed Hawkins and Ryder and then shook hands with fans after the match. He shook mine and it felt like I was shaking a baseball glove. That guy is much bigger than he appears on tv. HUGE pop for this new fan favorite

Divas tag match was your typical one, Natalya's boobs seemed like they were going to fall out at any second. Maryse is alot hotter on TV, surprisingly. Bellas hugged the fans at ringside after the match.

Trips comes out for the main event to a small reaction. His music is turned up full blast during his water spitting and his top rope "bow to me" antics.

Hardy got the pop of the night before an otherwise typical boring HHH match. Fans chanted "Thank You Edge" after interfering.

Big Show vs Undertaker in a dark main event CAGE MATCH. Went longer than I expected, with Taker controlling the majority of the match, Eventually winning with a chokeslam from the top rope. Surprised that flimsy cage did not fall apart.

Source: WNW