View Full Version : J.R On Benoit's Finisher

JohnCenaFan28
12-13-2008, 04:35 PM
Jim Ross has updated the Q&A section on his official website, JRsbarbq.com, and he defends wrestlers using Chris Benoit's former finishing hold, the "Crippler Crossface." Ross said, "Benoit wasn't the first man to use a cross face. Why do wrestlers use a headlock? It's a hold that works even though it was made famous by Ed 'Stranger' Lewis in the early 1900's." Ross also snaps at a reader who wrote (20 times) that he wanted to see Undertaker's WrestleMania streak end. Ross wrote, "Are you an idiot? You have sent me this email so many times it is sad. Please cease and stop embarrassing yourself. I swear you sent this 20 times word for word. Thank you." He also comments on why Stevie Richards failed to acheive more success in WWE. "You've placed Stevie in esteemed company. It simply may have been the 'it' factor as he was a great guy who I loved being around," Ross said. "I hope he finds the success he wanted in wrestling now in his post wrestling career. Guys like Stevie Richards would make great members of a creative team." Other topics discussed include whether J.R. keeps up with the indy wrestling scene, Brock Lesnar, and former Mid-South broadcaster Boyd Pierce. You can read his latest Q&A at http://www.jrsbarbq.com/jrs-qa

DUKE NUKEM
12-13-2008, 08:22 PM
thanks for this Eel

Evil_Munky
12-15-2008, 01:40 AM
I don't see any problem with other superstars using the crossface. It may have been used as Benoit's finisher, but it was actually Dean Malenko's hold to begin with.

DEMON
12-15-2008, 02:02 PM
thanks for the read Eel!

Now here's my "querry" about "finishing manuevers"...why is it,one man's finishing move,is another mans "regular wrestling" move?
Alot of different wrestlers use ALOT of different holds,and thats fine,(thats what wrestling is ALL about!),I'm just wondering why when one guy uses the "Spear",or even a "Clothesline"its not a finishing move,yet another guy can use it and it totally decimates thier opponet.

I know I'm just being petty about something like this,BUT,hey I'm just that way!

Black Widow
12-15-2008, 04:42 PM
Ross also snaps at a reader who wrote (20 times) that he wanted to see Undertaker's WrestleMania streak end. Ross wrote, "Are you an idiot? You have sent me this email so many times it is sad. Please cease and stop embarrassing yourself. I swear you sent this 20 times word for word. Thank you."

lol i laughed so bad at that one..

He also comments on why Stevie Richards failed to acheive more success in WWE. "You've placed Stevie in esteemed company. It simply may have been the 'it' factor as he was a great guy who I loved being around," Ross said. "I hope he finds the success he wanted in wrestling now in his post wrestling career. Guys like Stevie Richards would make great members of a creative team."

i love stevie richards, he is one of my all time favs, he would make a great creative team member

Layla-Fan
12-15-2008, 04:47 PM
Dean Malenko was a Submission king