PDA

View Full Version : Snow has passion for wrestling - Interview Inside!

JohnCenaFan28
12-13-2008, 04:55 PM
Al Snow's re-introduction to wrestling's mainstream was more than just a paycheque for him.

And it was probably a bit painful for Snow's old buddy, Mick Foley.

Snow appeared at TNA's Final Resolution pay-per-view last Sunday, distracting and slapping Foley, the guest enforcer in the match between Kurt Angle and Rhino.

"It was kind of like old-home week for me," says Snow, who is doing a five-hour seminar for wrestlers tomorrow in Rockland. "It was exciting to be around the product again. I hope it evolves into something more or I wouldn't waste my time by going there. TNA is right on the cusp of making an impact."

Snow, now 45, was released earlier this year by WWE when it severed its relationship with OVW, where Snow was a trainer.

He isn't worried that his TNA appearance will ruffle feathers with his former boss, Vince McMahon.

"Vince is a businessman. If you're not doing business with him, you look for work. It's not like I'm being disloyal to Vince -- holding him up for more money or jumping ship in the middle of an angle."

So what kind of wrestlers does he expect to find when he does his training?

"Anybody can put on a pair of trunks and wrestling boots. That's evident if you watch Hulk Hogan's Celebrity Wrestling," says Snow. "You don't want to be a professional wrestler, you want to be a professional worker. That takes a lot more effort and understanding."

With time on his hands, Snow has become an actor, with a couple of movies and a possible TV series on his plate.

"I'd been contacted over the years about acting, but I didn't pursue it," he says. "When I was with OVW, I was working seven days a week already.

"Now that I'm doing it, I take the same approach as I did with wrestling: Experience is the best teacher. Acting is completely different. Professional actors are not actors, they're reacters."

Source: WinnipegSun

DUKE NUKEM
12-13-2008, 05:10 PM
thanks for this Eel