PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Forum Layout

Kellie
12-14-2008, 01:42 PM
Just a quick question to everyone, do you like the way the forum is set out, with the different tabs (Wrestling, WOW etc) and having to click them or would you rather everything on one page? Although you can get all forums on one page with the tabs by clicking the All tab.

Opinions please

One more quick question:

This site and others were made to fit a 800 x600 (15 inch) monitor and now time has moved on, It seems alot of people have moved on to atleast a 1024x768 (17 inch) monitor.

I am wondering if you think I should make it so the forum fits on a 17 inch monitor instead of the 15 inch it is now?

This means that the forum would be wider and will be easier to read etc and not seem so squished. I could do a 19 inch monitor size as alot of sites are doing now but I do not think it is time for that size yet, I see alot of sites with this size and they just do not look good on a smaller size monitor.

Please feel free to give an opinion. Thankyou.

John
12-14-2008, 01:46 PM
Yes.

I also like the side bar with additional sections on also. I like it the way it currently is set out, I like the option of tabs and also the option of one tab for all sections.

flamesoffury
12-14-2008, 01:47 PM
I prefer to have it on 1 page. It resets to wrestling when you log off so I have to keep clicking all again and again.

lɐuǝɯo⊥ǝɥԀ
12-14-2008, 01:47 PM
I like the tabs layout, makes everything easier to find save scrolling down and missing it completely, especially for new members etc.

Brandon
12-14-2008, 02:05 PM
Yeah the Tabs layout for me.

Bazzinator
12-14-2008, 02:11 PM
tabs 4 sure like tom said its good in finding stuff quickly

LionDen
12-14-2008, 02:39 PM
Thankyou for the quick replies, please everyone continue with your opinions as I make my sites for you, not me. :) I have placed this question in post 1 but for you who have already answered, please feel free to answer this to.

One more quick question:

This site and others were made to fit a 800 x600 (15 inch) monitor and now time has moved on, It seems alot of people have moved on to atleast a 1024x768 (17 inch) monitor.

I am wondering if you think I should make it so the forum fits on a 17 inch monitor instead of the 15 inch it is now?

This means that the forum would be wider and will be easier to read etc and not seem so squished. I could do a 19 inch monitor size as alot of sites are doing now but I do not think it is time for that size yet, I see alot of sites with this size and they just do not look good on a smaller size monitor.

Please feel free to give an opinion. Thankyou.

Glorious Maxxwell
12-14-2008, 04:15 PM
I really do like the the tabs.... I really like seeing the sections condensed down instead of everything in one column..... Wish the other side had them as well :(

And my monitor resolution is 1600x1200, so everything looks squished to me.... so I have no opinion on that

ArJay
12-14-2008, 06:11 PM
As far as the current setup...I like it alot...no need to change it imo
As far as upgrading the size.....the bigger the better...I'm currently hooked up to my 42in hdtv so the bigger you wanna make it the better hehe

Black Widow
12-14-2008, 06:18 PM
i dont mind whish way its set out as long as i can see wow :evilgrin:

JohnCenaFan28
12-14-2008, 06:45 PM
I like the tabs as they are and I dunno about the monitor size thing, my monitor's pretty small but as long as UOW will work regardless monitor size then I'm cool.

Layla-Fan
12-14-2008, 06:49 PM
I have a 19 inch.......monitor lol

LionDen
12-14-2008, 11:35 PM
As far as the current setup...I like it alot...no need to change it imo
As far as upgrading the size.....the bigger the better...I'm currently hooked up to my 42in hdtv so the bigger you wanna make it the better hehe

lol

Yeah, the day of the small monitors are nearly gone but IMO it is not fair to people who still use the 15 aand 17 inch monitors if I change it to a 19 inch size which is becoming the way nowadays. I guess 17 inch is a good size and it is hard to have a side column with the size we have and not have it squished.

Thankyou for the continuing comments. :)

Brandon
12-15-2008, 12:36 AM
Mine is a 17 inch.. I think... Just giving you the info because I don't give a rats if the size changes. Tabs sty, I am happy

Layla-Fan
12-15-2008, 07:49 AM
I'll have to get use to using the index...weird but I'll definitely have to get use to it

da-cena-fan
12-15-2008, 07:52 PM
i like the tabs.. easier for me to browse.. can exclude the sections i dont visit easily!

everything's fine by me.. i have a 19' monitor.. but since i use firefox, i changed the setting for uow by pressing CTRL + Scroll up (in the mouse).. this zoomed in.. this way i just changed the setting for uow! ;)

OMEN
12-16-2008, 11:39 PM
Why is it every time i just get used to this place Lion goes and changes things.....lol..
Judging by all the comments that i have read above i must be the only one that hates the tabs being part of UOW....But i suppose if they end up staying i will just have to put up with them..
As to the size of the forum,It doesn't matter all that much to me either as my Mac is set up for the larger size pages and maximizes the accordingly...

LionDen
12-17-2008, 02:13 AM
i like the tabs.. easier for me to browse.. can exclude the sections i dont visit easily!

everything's fine by me.. i have a 19' monitor.. but since i use firefox, i changed the setting for uow by pressing CTRL + Scroll up (in the mouse).. this zoomed in.. this way i just changed the setting for uow! ;)

That is interesting, I never knew you could do that with FF.

Why is it every time i just get used to this place Lion goes and changes things.....lol..
Judging by all the comments that i have read above i must be the only one that hates the tabs being part of UOW....But i suppose if they end up staying i will just have to put up with them..
As to the size of the forum,It doesn't matter all that much to me either as my Mac is set up for the larger size pages and maximizes the accordingly...

Yeah but OMEN you can use the All tab for all the forums at once. I am concerned in the upgrading of the forum as they are always making upgrades and I am not sure if the tabs will work with the newer versions but I guess there is always a fix to get it working.