PDA

View Full Version : New Idol judge dismisses Abdul rivalry

OMEN
12-23-2008, 11:35 AM
New 'American Idol' judge Kara DioGuardi has dismissed speculation that her arrival on the show will lead to the departure of Paula Abdul.

Speaking to E!, DioGuardi said: "Oh no. Why would I take her place? She's great. People love her, I'm hoping they like me. I'm not worried about taking Paula's place; I'm trying to make sure people like me."

Commenting on how she will approach her role as judge, the 38-year-old said: "I have an opinion, I have something to say, I have a lot of experience, and I'm going to voice that. If there's a kid that I feel needs a tough approach, that's what I'm going to give them
She added: "I'm always honest, I always tell the truth straightforward."

Of the new series, which begins on US television in January, she said: "The biggest change is that Simon [Cowell] is the tiebreaker. If you agree with him, great, but if you don't there's definitely going to be some contention there.

"It's kind of minute by minute now with this new tiebreaking thing, everyone on the panel could seem to be getting along, and then he says he wants to put them [contestants] through or not put them through, and all hell can break loose."

DioGuardi also paid tribute to the new contestants: "Yes, I say there are a handful of contestants I'm very excited about. I'm really looking forward to when we get down to the top 12, really seeing which ones take the ball and run with it."

RTE

JohnCenaFan28
12-23-2008, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the read.