PDA

View Full Version : Stressed workers smash plates for relief

JohnCenaFan28
12-23-2008, 06:35 PM
Stressed Japanese workers are paying for the chance to smash plates against a wall to ease credit crunch blues

Stressed workers are flocking to The Venting Place in Tokyo where they pay to hurl crockery against a concrete wall, reports the Daily Telegraph.

Katsuya Hara, who leads a team of chiropractors operating the therapy, said: "To break something, as all of us know from experience, is something extremely exhilarating and it helps bring down pent-up anger.

"We hope to become the new way businessmen and women relieve their stress."

Anxious visitors choose the crockery they would like to destroy, ranging from £1.40 for a small cup to £7.40 for a large plate.

After dressing in protective clothing, they are then taken to the inside of a van, where they are able to hurl their crockery of choice, and swear, at concrete slabs.

One customer, Masaki Ogaware, 35, a salesman, said: "Life is pretty complicated and there are a lot of things to worry about right now so this was refreshing. I now feel like I can start afresh again tomorrow."

And IT consultant Shigeo Sasaki added: "It's recession here and recession there. All everyone talks about is the recession. I was feeling pent up stress and looking for a way to release some of that when I had the good fortune to come across this place."

-Nova

DUKE NUKEM
12-24-2008, 03:31 AM
thanks for the read Eel