PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Jarrett Talks About TNA, Jeff and Russo, 6-Sided Ring, Kozlov & More

JohnCenaFan28
12-29-2008, 09:26 AM
SLAM! Wrestling has a new interview online with TNA founder Jerry Jarrett. Below are the highlights:

His health: "My health is good. In fact, my doctor says I am in better health than prior to my heart surgery. I feel good and finally have my strength back. I think this is due to me working physically every day and getting away for the stress of TNA."

When asked if he is proud of what TNA has turned into or if he is frustrated with the direction of the company or missed opportunities: "This question is kind of like asking a parent if they still love their child in spite of it being so ugly. I hope and pray that TNA prospers. I have three beautiful grandchildren that depend on the survival of the company."

What he thinks of the 6-sided ring: "Jeff [Jarrett] was the proponent of the six-sided ring. I had mixed emotions regarding it. The purest wrestling promoter in me preferred the traditional ring. The side of me that has always pushed the envelope wanted to give it a try. In hindsight, I don't think it is a factor. The ring is only a stage in which you present your entertainment."

When asked how he thinks Jeff Jarrett feels about Vince Russo: "I have no idea how Jeff feels now about Russo. I have spent years trying to figure out that relationship."

On helping Vladimir Kozlov get hired by WWE: "I am very proud of Oleg and grateful to Vince McMahon and WWE for giving him the opportunity. I think a good talent, a great promotion, and proper exposure are the important factors in box office success. I think the most successful roles are when someone plays themselves. Oleg is a Russian and a national champion in the real world. His role in WWE is reality based."

Click here ( http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2008/12/28/7867801.html) to read the full interview.

DUKE NUKEM
12-30-2008, 07:56 AM
thanks for the read Eel