PDA

View Full Version : Dana White Says He's Not Interested In Bringing Bobby Lashley To UFC

JohnCenaFan28
01-02-2009, 05:51 PM
n a recent AOL FanHouse live chat, UFC President Dana White was asked if the company would be interested in bringing in Bobby Lashley. White asked "who" at which point it was explained to him that Lashley was a former WWE superstar that recently won his MMA debut. White admitted that he recognized the name but said that he was not particularly interesting in adding him to the UFC.

"I don't think so," White told the chat moderator. "We brought in Brock Lesnar because he's a great wrestler. He's a big guy, I thought he should have taken some fights in some smaller shows, but he assured me he was ready and I believed him and he was right, thank God. I don't know how many people can cross over and do what Lesnar has done. I don't think there's many out there."

Click here ( http://mma.fanhouse.com/2008/12/26/dana-white-not-looking-at-bobby-lashley-ufc-wont-be-full-of-ex/) for the coverage by AOL FanHouse.

Will
01-03-2009, 12:28 AM
Thats not really a no though. Dana said that Brock was a great big wrestler who should have worked some smaller shows. Lashley is a great big wrestler who is working some smaller shows. The fact that he sounds like a 13 year old boy going through puberty is more of a negative for Lashley than his former job is.

Demonoid
01-03-2009, 04:33 PM
Sounds to me more like Dana isnt really aware of Lashleys competitive wrestling backround,and probably thinks it just a pro wrestler with no true base trying to piggyback on Lesnars success. Let him win a few more fights,and look impressive doing so and Im sure the UFC will come calling.