PDA

View Full Version : Chris Jericho Discusses What Inspired His New Heel Character & More - Inside

JohnCenaFan28
01-02-2009, 05:53 PM
Alex Marvez has quotes from Chris Jericho in his latest column. Below are some of the notable quotes:

Why he didn't want to return to WWE as a heel: "I didn't want to become a nostalgia act,"

On seeing No Country for Old Men last February & how the character Anton Chigurh inspired his new gimmick: "The guy was completely committed to what he was doing... You could say he was evil and wrong, but in his mind, he was right and that's all there was to it. He was very calm, cool and collected, and a complete psycho as well... I thought, 'These are the elements of a great (wrestling) character.' "

Regarding accidentally punching Shawn Michaels' wife Rebecca in the face: Jericho told Marvez that it led to "a lot of animosity from people in the locker room." He continued, "Nobody in the world felt worse than I did, but fortunately she couldn't have cared less... She thought it was great... It did add to the intensity of the feud and took everything to the next level."

Click here ( http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2009/jan/01/wrestling-film-villain-triggered-new-image/) to read the full column.