PDA

View Full Version : WWE Release Val Venis (Sean Morley)

Black Widow
01-10-2009, 12:16 AM
PWInsider.com has confirmed you can add Val Venis (Sean Morley) to the list of those who were released today by World Wrestling Entertainment.

Venis had been with the company since 1998, originally portraying the role of a character who was an adult film star during the height of the Attitude era. He was later turned heel as a member of the Right to Censor group that was created as a takeoff of the company's issues with the Parent's Television Council. He reverted back to the Venis character in 2002 and also had a stint using his real name as the "Chief of Staff" when Eric Bischoff was the General Manager of Raw.

After being "fired" by Bischoff, he went back to the Venis ring name, but never received a sizable push from creative, instead often being tapped as the talent to work secondary TV shows and help out with undercard talent. His release was surprising to a few people, as it was expected among the wrestlers that sooner or later, he'd end up working in the office in the talent relations end of things.

Venis, who had a stint in Mexico before signing with WWE, held the WWE Intercontinental and European championships, as well as the Tag Team straps with Lance Storm, had been out of action due to an elbow injury in recent months. His last major appearance was part of the Wrestlemania XXIV Battle Royal for an ECW championship bout against then-champion Chavo Guerrero.

PWI

Kellie
01-10-2009, 03:58 AM
noooooooo! I liked Val

wwe9112
01-10-2009, 06:01 AM
AWW, I hope TNA gets him. Seems like WWE and TNA are going to be trading guys back and fourth now.

Layla-Fan
01-10-2009, 07:05 AM
Does it surprise you?...

JohnCenaFan28
01-10-2009, 02:49 PM
I always wondered why they didn't release him way before and I thought it was because he was like a long-time member on the roster so they could use him backstage and whatever. I feel sorry for him, just like I did for Viscera/Big Daddy V and other long-time WWE members who were fired and were never fully appreciated for the years they stayed with the company.

mikedudelang
01-10-2009, 04:26 PM
Hey, the bottom line is, it's a business and Val doesn't bring anyone to the arena. I hope he can catch on as an office guy with the WWE as he HAS been a loyal worker for them for a decade. He was great in his prime but that was a very long time ago.

DUKE NUKEM
01-10-2009, 05:23 PM
thanks for the read Ryan