PDA

View Full Version : Hathaway named in Globes blunder

JohnCenaFan28
01-10-2009, 04:36 PM
Golden Globe organisers have apologised for a blunder on the awards website which suggested that Anne Hathaway had won a best actress gong.

An asterisk appeared on the site next to Hathaway's name in a list of nominees - even though the Golden Globes do not take place until Sunday.

A nominee was "randomly marked as a winner" by mistake, a statement on the Golden Globes website said.

Hathaway is up for best actress in a drama for Rachel Getting Married.

"In the process of preparing for Sunday's Golden Globe Awards, a technician working on the Hollywood Foreign Press Association's (HFPA) website made a mistake and a name of a nominee was randomly marked as a winner," the statement said.

"The mistake was immediately corrected."

It said it did not mean that Hathaway had won the award for her role as a recovering drug addict in the Jonathan Demme film.

66th year

Other nominees in the same category are Angelina Jolie for Changeling, Meryl Streep for Doubt, Kristin Scott Thomas for I've Loved You So Long and Kate Winslet for Revolutionary Road.

On Thursday night, Hathaway tied with Meryl Streep for the best actress gong at the Critics' Choice Awards in California.

"To win with my idol - who I was nominated against - is amazing," Hathaway said backstage.

"I'm so thrilled for her and I'm very thrilled for myself, too."

Danny Boyle's film Slumdog Millionaire dominated at the awards, winning five prizes including best film and director.

On Friday, it was announced that British singer Sting and US rapper Sean "Diddy" Combs would be among celebrities presenting awards at Sunday's Golden Globes ceremony, at the Beverley Hilton Hotel in Beverley Hills, California.

The awards, which honour both film and television, are in their 66th year.

-BBC News

DUKE NUKEM
01-10-2009, 09:38 PM
thanks for the read Eel