PDA

View Full Version : 1/11 Raw/ecw Brand Results From Des Moines, Ia

Black Widow
01-12-2009, 05:31 PM
I went to the Des Moines, IA Raw/ECW house show last night, overall it was a very solid show. They had about 1/3 of the arena draped off, but the rest was pretty full with only upper level seats left. Kelly Kelly was the guest 'announcer' for the night and talked to people in the crowd throughout, gave some family front row tickets after the first match.

Matches:

Matt Hardy def. Jack Swagger for the ECW title. Pretty good match as the two worked well together, it'll be fun to see a feud with these two on TV. Swagger got a LOT of heat from the crowd, hopefully they give this guy the push he deserves.

Beth Phoenix def. Melina for the Woman's Title. A lot of back and forth, neither really dominated. How strong is Beth though? Wow..It seems like Melina is set for a title run, she deserves it.

Finlay (w/ Horny) def. Mark Henry (w/ Atlas) in a Belfast Brawl No DQ. Hornswaggle's entrance (oops, I mean Finlay's entrance) got the second largest pop of the night. Finlay won with a Shelelie hit...After the match they brought in a bunch of kids to run around the ring with Hornswaggle, WWE struck gold with this little guy.

Miz and Morrison def. Cryme Tyme for the Tag Titles. M&M are the BEST Tag Champs I've seen in a long time, hope they keep the gold until at least Wrestlemania, or longer. Solid match again..Cryme Tyme got a big pop.

William Regal def. Kofi Kingston for the Intercontinental Title. Zzzzz. What idiot thought it was a good idea to take this belt away from the goldmine Santino Marella and put it on a guy that no one cares about? Kofi wrestled a good match though with a lot of high flying moves. Regal got Layla involved again pulling her into the ring to dodge getting hit..I'm sure a split is in the near future, hopefully costing him the title!!

Randy Orton and Cody Rhodes def. Rey Mysterio and CM Punk. Orton got a mixed reaction during his entrance, then took a lot of heat during the match. Orton made a blind tag and won with the RKO. A lot of 619 chants during the match.

John Cena def. Chris Jericho for the World Heavyweight title. Very good match, Cena got the loudest pop of the night with a mixture of both cheers and jeers. Jericho took the mic before the match and took a ton of heat from the crowd. He has taken over the top heel in the business in my opinion, move over Edge! Cena wins with a counter into the STFU..errr STF.

Overall a good show.

PWI