PDA

View Full Version : Chris Benoit Note

JohnCenaFan28
01-12-2009, 09:02 PM
Several WNW readers sent word that the official WWE website lists every Royal Rumble winner in the history section from 1988 to 2008 except for 2004 in which Chris Benoit won.

Source: WNW

tommy
01-12-2009, 10:40 PM
Good. This is one move by the WWE I wholeheartedly agree with. Even mentioning his name brings up nothing but ill feelings from MOST people, in the buisness, fans, and pretty much everyone else. Yes, I understand Benoit still has a loyal following for some reason, and a good number of the IWC wishes they would honor the wrestler before the downfall, but I believe the majority of people would prefer not having references to that monster.

Will
01-13-2009, 02:57 AM
That has been that way ever since right after the murders, so good catch on that one two years later random website readers.

DUKE NUKEM
01-13-2009, 07:55 AM
wow thanks for the post Eel

deadmanwalkin
01-13-2009, 03:58 PM
ya know with all the hate for the man within the company im suprised hbk used the crossface last night

The Mac
01-18-2009, 03:39 PM
that is complete bull Chris Benoit was a great person and a great wwe performer and the fact that the wwe is erasing him from the records makes the wwe look stupid in no way do i agree with what happened but to erase all his accomplishments from the record books is ridiculous and makes Vince look like a paranoid idiot... we all remember he was champion so them deleting him wont make us forget... what happened was a tragedy... but the 20 years before is his legacy not wut happened those few days

Will
01-19-2009, 05:02 AM
that is complete bull Chris Benoit was a great person and a great wwe performer and the fact that the wwe is erasing him from the records makes the wwe look stupid in no way do i agree with what happened but to erase all his accomplishments from the record books is ridiculous and makes Vince look like a paranoid idiot... we all remember he was champion so them deleting him wont make us forget... what happened was a tragedy... but the 20 years before is his legacy not wut happened those few days

Im not sure that you understand how a persons "legacy" works. Being good at pretend wrestling other men in tights, does not take higher priority than killing your entire family. He was not a "great person", he was a ruthless animal. There hasnt been a single person in the history of mankind that was both a "great person" and a child murderer. It just doesn't work that way.

mikedudelang
01-19-2009, 11:11 PM
it's bullshit to completely ignore the fact that he was one of the greatest in-ring performers ever. vince has said it time and time again, "wrestling is entertainment, not real life" and while what benoit did in real life was horrible and almost unforgivable, what he did to entetain us was virtually unparalelled.

Kage
01-20-2009, 12:21 AM
I don't believe Benoit was the monster that Wwe wants you to believe he was. Benoit had severe brain damage, and was engulfed in roid-rage. He obviously felt guilty for what he did, he left a fucking bible by their dead bodies. I know he was a murderer, but still, ignoring his career is bullshit.

Will
01-20-2009, 06:43 AM
it's bullshit to completely ignore the fact that he was one of the greatest in-ring performers ever. Vince has said it time and time again, "wrestling is entertainment, not real life" and while what Benoit did in real life was horrible and almost unforgivable, what he did to entertain us was virtually unparalleled.

He never entertained me a single time in his entire career. He was horrible on the mic and boring in the ring. I didn't like him when he was alive, wasn't sad when he killed himself and hate him in death.

I don't believe Benoit was the monster that Wwe wants you to believe he was. Benoit had severe brain damage, and was engulfed in roid-rage. He obviously felt guilty for what he did, he left a fucking bible by their dead bodies. I know he was a murderer, but still, ignoring his career is bullshit.

The WWE isn't participating in some elaborate scam to influence our feelings and make us think that he is some monster. Quite the opposite, they don't want us thinking about him at all. I guess that they don't see as much redeeming value in the bibles being in the house as you do. If they went on the air and said "WWE audience, Benoit put bibles by his horribly murdered victims. Please forget that he is a horribly deranged child murdering monster and help us welcome him into the 2009 HOF class" than I am sure that every one would forget all about the horrible muders.

The Mac
01-26-2009, 01:23 PM
Will

dude calm urself just cuz u hate benoit and cant look past a few days (no matter how horrible they were we r discussing his career not his personal life) doesnt mean that those who appreciate what he did for this business cant state the fact that he waz a great performer and was a valued part of the wwe... and opened a lot of doors for people. everyone knows he was a locker room leader and helped mold the careers of many wwe superstars... that is his legacy.... and he may be remembered as the guy who went nuts and killed his family... but he should also be remembered for wut he did in the locker room and in the ring