PDA

View Full Version : Takei still waiting for shatner chatshow invite

OMEN
01-13-2009, 09:14 AM
Actor George Takei has laughed off rumours he's considering appearing on former Star Trek co-star William Shatner's new U.S. chatshow Shatner's Raw Nerve, insisting he hasn't even been invited.

The pair has had a strained relationship over the years, and the feud erupted in 2008 when Shatner claimed he'd been left off the guestlist for Takei's September (08) wedding to longterm partner Brad Altman.

Takei fired back, claiming Shatner had been invited to the nuptials - but didn't RSVP or attend the same-sex ceremony.

Shatner then responded in November (08) by posting a rant on YouTube.com, in which he unveiled plans to put an end to the dispute once and for all - by inviting Takei onto his talk show.

But Takei alleges Shatner failed to follow through with his invite plans - even though he'd never agree to appear on the programme anyway.

He says, "But that's not true; Bill hasn't invited me.

"I only heard about the show..a few days ago and when I did, I thought to myself, 'Aha! He's trying to create controversy again'. Well, I'm not going to bite the bait!"

Shatner's Raw Nerve features the outspoken actor attempting to unsettle his celebrity guests instead of get along with them.

Tiscali

JohnCenaFan28
01-13-2009, 04:10 PM
Thanks for this.