PDA

View Full Version : Room with a phew

JohnCenaFan28
01-13-2009, 03:58 PM
Builders have created a show home complete with a teenage boy's messy bedroom to make prospective buyers feel at home.

It features an unmade bed, crumpled T-shirts and smelly trainers on the floor and crisps trodden into the carpet.

Abel Homes director Maggie Abel said she wanted to make the show home for the firm's new The Dairy development at Norwich look like a family home.

"I've always found show homes are a bit bland and unreal, so I thought if we were doing a teenage boy's room we shouldn't have it too pristine," she said.

"I managed to find a fake pizza and sandwich, I had some old T-shirts and one of the girls in the office brought in her son's trainers.

"We wanted to provide a talking point, help people to visualise it as a family home and give them something to remember the house by.

"We certainly had fun doing it and people who have looked round have laughed."

Mrs Abel said she based the model on her own son Chris's room when he was a teenager. Now 25, he is construction director of the firm.

The Abel approach and treatment seems to be paying dividends. Despite the property industry struggling, six of the eight homes at The Dairy have already been sold.

-Nova