PDA

View Full Version : WWE SmackDown Taping Results (01/23) *Spoilers*

JohnCenaFan28
01-14-2009, 10:18 PM
SmackDown: (Airing Next Friday)
* Edge cuts the opening promo. Matt Hardy runs out and takes him outside the ring. Edge runs.

* The Undertaker b. Shelton Benjamin in a non-title match.
- Shelton maintained control the majority of the match, but ended up submitting to The Undertaker's Hell's Gate submission hold.

* The Great Khali b. Chavo Guerrero
- Khali dominated throughout. He got the win with the Khali Bomb.

* Michelle McCool & Natalya b. The Bella Twins
- Maria comes out and interferes by attacking Michelle. Michelle McCool & Natalya get the win via DQ.

* Edge b. Matt Hardy
- Edge gets the win after a spear and outside interference from Jack Swagger & Mark Henry.

* John Morrison & The Miz b. Carlito & Primo Colon in a non-title match.
- Good match with lots of back and forth action.

* Vladimir Kozlov vs. Triple H
- During the match Vickie Guerrero comes out and says it's now a handicap match with The Big Show.

* Vladimir Kozlov & The Big Show b. Triple H in a Handicap Match.
- Vladimir Kozlov pins Triple H for the win. Edge comes out and gets pedigreed by Hunter. When Edge comes to he gets on the mic and tries to talk but he keeps cutting out. He gets frustrated and elbow-drops the mic. This ends next week's SmackDown.

Source: WZ

-- Show opens with Edge who is now denying that he had anything to do with the pyro mishap last week. Matt Hardy attacks Edge and the brawl through the crowd. Vickie sets up Edge vs. Matt Hardy in a No Disqualification match for later that night.

-- The Undertaker defeated Shelton Benjamin (non-title) in a very good match. Very similar to last week’s Smackdown match between the two.

-- The Great Khali squashed Chavo Guerrero. Short and simple, not much else to say.

-- It was announced that if Triple H loses his match tonight that he would enter the Royal Rumble as the #1 entrant.

-- Edge defeated Matt Hardy in a No DQ match after Mark Henry and Jack swagger interfered. They held Hardy for Edge to hit a spear for the finish. Fun match with trash cans, canes, and chairs being used.

-- Up next was Michelle McCool and Natalya vs. the Bella Twins with Maryse doing commentary. After about a minute, Maria returned and attacked Michelle. Maria wound up laid out by Michelle as everyone else just kind of watched.

-- World Tag Team Champions John Morrison and The Miz defeated WWE Tag Team Champions Carlito and Primo in a fantastic non-title match. Seriously, go out of your way to watch this one next week, just plain awesome.

-- Triple H vs. Vladimir Kozlov was stopped about a minute in and changed into Triple H vs. Kozlov and The Big Show in a handicap match which Kozlov and Big Show won. Triple H will enter the Royal Rumble as the number 1 entrant.

-- In a dark match type event, Edge attacked a down Triple H until he got caught with the Pedigree to send the crowd home happy. Edge tried to talk afterwards but his microphone kept cutting out. He eventually gives up and leave the arena but his music keeps cutting in and out too just to mess around with him. These post show bits are always fun!

That’s it best I can remember, sorry if I missed anything. Props to WWE as I sat with a local worker and a casual fan and we all left the show equally entertained for our own reasons. I can’t remember the last time I attended a good show from top to bottom like this was.

Best pops of the night easily went to Matt and Jeff Hardy, Undertaker, Triple H, and surprisingly MVP.

Most heat goes to Edge, Vickie, and anytime George Bush appeared in highlight videos.

Source: WA