PDA

View Full Version : Couple got engaged while stranded on mountain

JohnCenaFan28
01-15-2009, 12:08 AM
A couple who became stranded on Ben Nevis overnight in a fierce storm got engaged fearing it could be their last night.

The climb left Stefan Senk, 29, and Beth Davies, 25, with no time to descend before darkness, reports the Daily Telegraph.

They sheltered in a narrow crevice overlooking a 1,000ft drop as the temperatures plummeted below zero and gale force winds tore their protective blankets to shreds.

Fearing it may be their last night together, Mr Senk proposed to Miss Davies as they shivered close to hypothermia in the rain.

As dawn broke, they managed to get a signal on Miss Davies' phone and texted her mother 550 miles away in Surrey who alerted mountain rescue.

Miss Davies, from Hemel Hempsted, Hertfordshire, a researcher at Durham University, said: "The weather was atrocious and the wind was so strong it shredded my blanket and we were both close to hypothermia.

"At one point Stefan turned to me and said something about getting married if we get through this. I said 'yes' immediately."

Miss Davies' mother called Lock Aber mountain rescue who scrambled a local RAF Sea King helicopter which eventually found them in the thick fog.

Back in the safety of their hotel, Miss Davies reminded her boyfriend, an IT programmer, of his proposal.

"All I said to him was 'I suppose now you'd better get me a ring then' and he did," she said. The couple are now planning to get married in March 2010.

-Nova

DUKE NUKEM
01-17-2009, 09:09 AM
thanks for the read Eel

lɐuǝɯo⊥ǝɥԀ
01-17-2009, 04:05 PM
Thanks For This