PDA

View Full Version : WWE Hall of Fame Speculation

JohnCenaFan28
01-15-2009, 01:35 PM
We can't confirm this but it's believed Dory and Terry Funk have been contacted about being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame this year. The Von Erichs, as a group, have also been talked about as possible inductees this year. As noted earlier, Steve Austin and Bill Watts are confirmed for this year's Class.

Source: WA

the madscotsman
01-15-2009, 02:23 PM
Who'll induct the Funk's? Foley's not there anymore. And I can't see them bringing back Heyman to do it.

mikedudelang
01-15-2009, 11:36 PM
dusty could induct the funk bros. so could flair, harley race, tommy dreamer, and i'm sure 100 other guys. the funks have wrestled/done business with pretty much everyone in the game over the past 30 years.

mikedudelang
01-15-2009, 11:43 PM
the von erichs deserve to be in.
the funks, without a doubt.
arn anderson
randy savage (even though it'll never happen)
paul bearer (although i could see 'em waiting to induct him when 'taker finally calls it quits)
ricky steamboat (it's a joke he's not in yet)
nikita koloff
larry zbyszko
rick rude

That Rob
01-16-2009, 02:45 AM
This year I hope to see Pillman inducted as well.

W-OLF
01-16-2009, 03:11 AM
The Freebirds if there gonna induct The Von Erichs that feud was legendary.

Swinny
01-16-2009, 03:46 AM
There's still a lot of people that should have been inducted that haven't yet. The Funks definitely deserve it, so this is good. I'd really like to Ricky Steamboat, Brian Pillman, and Owen Hart among others inducted this year. And Randy Savage, but like already said, that's not gonna happen.

Will
01-16-2009, 05:52 AM
There's still a lot of people that should have been inducted that haven't yet. The Funks definitely deserve it, so this is good. I'd really like to Ricky Steamboat, Brian Pillman, and Owen Hart among others inducted this year. And Randy Savage, but like already said, that's not gonna happen.

What did Pillman and Hart do to be HOF worthy except die tragically?

Swinny
01-17-2009, 02:37 AM
What did Pillman and Hart do to be HOF worthy except die tragically?

Well, Pillman didn't do much in the WWF/E, I'll give you that, he was a great talent though. As far as Owen Hart goes, he's a four time Tag Team Champ, a two time Intercontinental Champ, European Champ, and a King of the Ring winner. I think those are some good accomplishments, and he very well may have had a future as a World Champ if things didn't happen as they did.

Will
01-17-2009, 05:04 AM
personally, I would actually give the nod to Pillman over Hart if I had to choose one of the two. Pillman was amazing in the early 90's, as far as the way American wrestling was, and really brought the high flying luche libre style cruiserweight wrestling mainstream. Hart was a good enough midcard talent but nothing more, and even if he wrestled for 80 years he never would have been world champion. If he wasn't in the hart family, I wouldn't have been surprised if he never even made it as far as he did.