PDA

View Full Version : Navy skipper's bikini gaffe

JohnCenaFan28
01-17-2009, 05:50 PM
An Australian Navy submarine commander is in trouble for suggesting women sailors wearing bikinis would boost recruitment.

Commander Tom Phillips also revealed the submarine equivalent of the "mile-high club" is the "going down club".

In an interview with men's magazine Ralph, he revealed the naval uniform works to "either pull a chick or get in a fight".

When asked: "If female sailors all had to be hot and had to wear bikinis, would that help recruitment?" the commander was quoted as replying: "It would certainly get the right demographic of young men in. I'm not sure how feasible it is, however."

The country's opposition and feminist groups have taken exception to the article, demanding action.

Australia's Minister for Defence Personnel Warren Snowden said the comments were "utterly unacceptable".

"If these comments are to be attributed to this newly-appointed commander, I think it will go down as one of the shortest careers in naval history," MP Bob Baldwin said.

Australia's navy is suffering a recruitment crisis and had to stand down for two months over Christmas because there were not enough sailors.

-Nova

DUKE NUKEM
01-17-2009, 11:54 PM
lol i think its a good idea thanks for the post Eel