PDA

View Full Version : Winslet to prepare a BAFTAs speech

OMEN
01-19-2009, 03:59 PM
Following her tearful acceptance speech at the Golden Globes last week, Kate Winslet has revealed that she is planning to prepare a speech for the BAFTAs.

Winslet won Golden Globes for her performances in 'The Reader' and 'Revolutionary Road' and is nominated for both films for the BAFTAs.
Speaking at the premiere of 'Revolutionary Road' in London, she said: "Well, clearly, I should prepare a speech because I didn't think that was going to happen at the Golden Globes.

"Some people apparently haven't been very nice about it, but luckily I've been in America where they've said very nice things.

"I'm just so excited to be included this year, I mean, I really am. It's been a remarkable two years, I think, for films in general and there's some absolutely stunning performances out there so to be up there with those heavyweights is really amazing."

Of her Golden Globes wins, she said: "I'm still genuinely overwhelmed and shocked. I was very, very shocked and I still am. But my sister had a baby this week, on Wednesday, so we've all been very preoccupied with this new, beautiful little girl that's just come into our family."

RTE

JohnCenaFan28
01-20-2009, 02:35 AM
Thanks for posting.