PDA

View Full Version : Stars join kutcher to pledge service

OMEN
01-20-2009, 09:25 AM
A host of celebrities joined Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore to air their 2009 New Year's resolutions and pledges to the new US President Barack Obama on Monday (19Jan09).

Stars like Eva Mendes, Nicole Richie, Ashlee Simpson, Courteney Cox, Eva Longoria Parker all agreed to make pledges on camera for a new MySpace campaign backed by Kutcher.

Inspired by the new President, in the video Simpson pledged to be "a great mother," Mendes offered to "volunteer more of my time to help children battling serious illnesses," and Longoria Parker promised to "plant 500 trees this year to help our planet."

Kutcher, who himself pledged on camera to "always represent my country with pride, dignity and honesty," says, "We are honoured to be working with MySpace to rally the entertainment industry to answer President-elect Barack Obama’s call to service.

"The Presidential Pledge is a platform for people across the nation and throughout the world to make.a first-person commitment of service to our new President, articulating a specific intent or action to become an agent of positive change."

And his wife Moore, who produced and directed the MySpace.com video, perhaps took on the biggest pledge of all when she stood before the camera and stated, "I pledge to free one million people from slavery in the next five years."

Tiscali

JohnCenaFan28
01-20-2009, 08:51 PM
Thanks for posting.

DUKE NUKEM
01-21-2009, 08:48 AM
thanks for the post Omen