PDA

View Full Version : Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson Updates

Black Widow
01-21-2009, 04:19 PM
Dwayne Johnson was quoted in a USA Today article discussing the Academy Awards today. The article noted that The Dark Knight may end up breaking through the unspoken glass ceiling that prevented commercially accepted films from being front runners of the awards and that might help the ratings of the Awards telecast. ""It has always bothered me how quickly critics and (awards) voters dismiss something just because a lot of people like it. I really hope (The Dark Knight) gets nominated. I think it could dispel that disconnect between people who see the movies and the people who judge and write about them."

Johnson's film "The Tooth Fairy" will be released on 7/13.

Meanwhile, the trailer for Johnson's forthcoming animated film "Planet 51" has been playing before Mall Cop, which was the most successful film of the past holiday weekend, so a lot of eyeballs are aware of it. He plays an astronaut that lands on a civilized alien planet, sending up the usual alien invasion sci-fi films.

Disney has been heavily pushing the Witch Mountain remake featuring Johnson in preparation for its March release.

PWI

JohnCenaFan28
01-21-2009, 08:07 PM
Thanks for this read.