PDA

View Full Version : Alesha Dixon would love to break US

OMEN
01-24-2009, 07:29 PM
Pop star Alesha Dixon has said she would love to find success in the United States as a solo star.

As a member of pop group Mis-teeq she enjoyed a small amount of fame stateside with their song 'Scandalous'. Speaking to Digital Spy she said: "With the girls, 'Scandalous' did very well, which gave me the belief and hope that anything is possible."

"If you have got the right song and the right timing it can work. It's a huge challenge and a difficult place to break. But if it doesn't work it doesn't work, at least you can say you gave it a try. I'm focusing on Europe at the moment but I feel like the world is my oyster right now and there is nowhere I wouldn't want to try."
Dixon believes the American public is very receptive currently to British artists. She said "They love British artists, which is great because every artist who goes out there opens the door for another one. They respect British music a lot more now!"

Dixon has seen her music career kick-started follow her victory in the BBC's Strictly Come Dancing in 2007 with her dance partner Matthew Cutler. Her latest single, 'Breathe Slow', is due for release next month.

RTE

DUKE NUKEM
01-25-2009, 12:46 AM
thanks for the read Omen

JohnCenaFan28
01-27-2009, 11:16 PM
Thanks for the post.