PDA

View Full Version : Hogan Badmouths Wrestling, More

OMEN
06-25-2006, 08:31 AM
Apparently, Hulk Hogan made some disparaging about pro wrestling on KRAB radio out of Bakersfield, California yesterday morning. Hogan was on the show with his son and he talked about the Hogan Knows Best season finale and the upcoming careers of his kids. When Hogan referred to his wrestling career and the wrestling business he said, "that BS fake crap I used to do." Thanks to Draven7794 for the information.

Roddy Piper, Lou Albano, Johnny Valiant, Outback Jack and Virgil appeared at The Big Apple Convention at the Penn Plaza Pavilion across from Madison Square Garden earlier today. Everyone except Johnny Valiant will appearing at the convention tomorrow.

partial source: Wrestling Observer

the madscotsman
06-26-2006, 02:50 PM
if it wasn't for wrestling then Hogan would still be playig in shitey wee bands in Tampa rather than living in one of his three fuckin houses. Ungrateful bastard

Dark Drakan
06-26-2006, 04:31 PM
I agree, wrestling made him what he is and he would just be another miserable old man without it!

Assassin™
06-26-2006, 04:39 PM
Not that Hogan's opinion ever mattered to me, but why should we now be concerned about how he feels about pro wrestling? He is not currently doing anythin in pro wrestling, and it's way past time for him to retire, so no one should be saddened if he never comes back. I think he's trying to act like it's his decision that he's done with pro wrestling.
When Hogan referred to his wrestling career and the wrestling business he said, "that BS fake crap I used to do."Compared to what? What is he doing now that is so much more respectable than wrestling? Helping Brooke start her "singing" career (you know that's not going anywhere. Would you buy one of her CDs? :hmm: ) Or could it be helping Nick become an even bigger douche than his dad was?

I don't care if people insult or talk bad about pro wrestling; I hear and read it everyday, but Hogan is being a huge hypocrite by saying this.

Angelique
06-26-2006, 07:47 PM
When Hogan referred to his wrestling career and the wrestling business he said, "that BS fake crap I used to do."

He is being honest... it is fake, its a show to entertain people nothing more, nothing less. Now if he had said this bout some actual work charity, hospital what not, then I would have to disagree. But is a show and it is drama and what they do is fake.

Assassin™
06-27-2006, 12:10 AM
^He did more than just say it's fake. We know it's fake. If that was all he said then this wouldn't even be news and there would be no discussion. When he called it "crap I used to do", he tried to defame the pro wrestling industry.

Obviously it backfired and just made him look like a bigger idiot for being the most famous and highest-drawing pro wrestler of all time. It's like Michael Jordan talking bad about basketball.

yankeesman77
06-27-2006, 12:29 AM
if it wasn't for wrestling then Hogan would still be playig in shitey wee bands in Tampa rather than living in one of his three fuckin houses. Ungrateful bastard

It astounds me how Hogan can call the Business thathe made all of his money and he put all of his career into making millions of dollars and launching all this publicity for him as Fake. Yes we know it's fake but the man was an Icon to the industry that made him. Yes he was a horrible wrestler but he was an entertainer as well and if it wasnt for Vince pushing Hogan to be the Top guys and promotoing him to where he's totaled over probably billions of dollars off of his name Terry Bollea should be ashamed of himself for making those comments bout the people that made him who he is today. I mean, do you think that anyone would give a shit bout Hulk's Daughter Brooke's singing career or Nick trying to emulate what his father did inside that ring to being a pro wrestler. It just sickens me the disrespect he had in that comment and I wouldnt be surprised if his show tankend and all of his asscets Tanked because of his comments bout How Fake The Industry that made him a star. But he'll feel the backlash of this because I assure you that every wrestling fan that read's hogans comments will definitley Boo Hogan out of the building now that he isnt even wrestling.

Assassin™
06-27-2006, 01:01 AM
It astounds me how Hogan can call the Business thathe made all of his money and he put all of his career into making millions of dollars and launching all this publicity for him as Fake. Yes we know it's fake but the man was an Icon to the industry that made him.That's the part that astounds you? No matter what Hogan has done or how good he was, pro wrestling is still fake.
Terry Bollea should be ashamed of himself for making those comments bout the people that made him who he is today.He didn't say anything about any people. He was asked about his career and he called that crap. I agree.
do you think that anyone would give a shit bout Hulk's Daughter Brooke's singing career or Nick trying to emulate what his father did inside that ring to being a pro wrestler.Does anyone give a shit now? I sure don't. It doesn't make one bit of a difference to me that their father is Hulk Hogan. It doesn't make his kids look any better.
I assure you that every wrestling fan that read's hogans comments will definitley Boo Hogan out of the building now that he isnt even wrestling.I don't think you are in a position to be able to assure anyone how "every wrestling fan" will react. Did you read Angelique's post? I would boo Hogan out of an arena if he had never made this comment. BTW, how can we boo him out of an arena if he isn't wrestling?