PDA

View Full Version : Robbie needs to go - and now

Black Widow
01-30-2009, 08:03 PM
RAFA BENITEZ adopted a new favourite word this week — Crazy.

The Liverpool boss accused everyone and everything of being mad in another rant after his side dropped two more valuable points at Wigan on Wednesday.

Well I tell you what I think is really ‘crazy’ — leaving £20million-worth of striker in the form of Robbie Keane on the bench. That sounds pretty loopy to me.

A player that cost a fortune, is a Red through and through, and has consistently scored goals at the highest level.

The Man United fans sing: “Rafa’s cracking up”. And you’ve got to say that after his treatment of Keane, they might have a point.

I’ve heard people say Robbie was never one of Rafa’s signings, that it was the owners who drafted him in from Tottenham in the summer.

Robbie has responded by saying he will stick it out at Anfield and fight for his place. I’ve always been a fan of his, and as a top professional, I’d expect nothing less.

But take my advice, it looks like you might never get a proper run at Liverpool while Rafa’s in charge.

If you ask me, Robbie should cut his losses, because he’s got too much to offer to be getting splinters in his backside warming the bench every week.

There’s only a few days left in the transfer window so time is running out. But sometimes your career is defined by the decisions you make, however hard they seem at the time.

Okay, some people might turn around and claim that he should never have left Spurs in the first place.

But it seems the only reason he’s not hit it off in a Red shirt is because it seems he has a manager who doesn’t want him.

Robbie should hold his head up high because he is a quality player who certainly does not deserve to be treated like this.

I’ve seen that Harry Redknapp has been making noises about him and, after buying back Pascal Chimbonda and Jermain Defoe, you’d be a brave man to bet against Spurs coming back in for Robbie.

It would have to be financially viable for them of course and there are a lot of reasons why it might not happen.

I’d be surprised if Liverpool wanted anything less than the full price they paid in the summer, too. But I just feel that Robbie needs to get away from Liverpool.

The sooner the better.

Sadly for Rafa, whatever happens to Robbie Keane in the next few days is the least if his problems.

It is hardly a coincidence that his side haven’t won a game since his legendary rant at Alex Ferguson a few weeks ago.

You might have called it a calculated attack, but it’s just another example of a crazy statement from a man on the edge, if you ask me.

Up until that point, I can’t remember when Liverpool had a better chance to go on and win a league title — certainly not since I was playing anyway.

So why rock the boat? Why not just wait until the end of the season when Liverpool would have been crowned champions and get all this stuff about his contract, Fergie, the owners, Keane, and the rest in the open then?

With Liverpool champions, he could have said whatever he wanted and got away with it.

I don’t know what long-term effect it will have on his own future, but if Liverpool fail to win the league everyone will point back to this crazy period and the owners will have some tough choices to make.

Personally, I think Liverpool have blown their chances of winning the title and I wouldn’t be totally surprised if they struggle to finish in the top four.

It’s now a four-horse race for the final two Champions League places between Arsenal, Liverpool, Aston Villa and Everton.

Villa look like they are going to be in the title race until the end with Chelsea and Man United, while the Toffees showed the other night that they’re capable of matching the big boys now.

Unless Rafa halts the slide fast and Arsenal start picking things up, I really fancy Villa and Everton spoiling the parade.

That’s enough to send any manager crazy!

The Sun

Slash
01-30-2009, 08:13 PM
Liverpool should have never bought him in the first place, a new striker was the last thing we needed, the money should have been spent on the right wing, Shaun Wright-Phillips would have been an excellent signing in my opinion, or Roque Santa Cruz even, both would have gotten more goals than Keane! Liverpool need to cut their loses & offload Keane to the first team to put a bid in for him!