PDA

View Full Version : Former WWE Star and Torrie’s Boyfriend Making His MMA Debut

Kenpachi Zaraki
02-01-2009, 06:24 PM
- Nick Mitchell is trying to distance himself far away from his last days in WWE when he was playing Mitch as part of the male-cheerleader Spirit Squad group. Mitchell, who was released from his WWE contract in May 2007, is making his professional MMA debut on Friday, February 6 in Houston. Mitchell is aiming for UFC…

“UFC is the big time,” Mitchell told The Courier newspaper in Texas. “If you are in this business and you don’t want to get to UFC, then you shouldn’t even be in the business.”

But he is not a fan of Brock Lesnar comparisons. “My opponent (Tim Buchanan) keeps saying I’m trying to be another Lesnar,” Mitchell said. “I’m sick of hearing it. I’m my own man.”

Mitchell says he faced plenty of setbacks in WWE and was relegated to a non-wrestling role with the Spirit Squad because of recurring injuries. He doesn’t feel like wrestling was for him, anyways. “The wrestling world was not really for me,” he said. “You are on the road 300 days a year and don’t really get to spend any time with your family or friends. The traveling kills you physically and emotionally.”

While in WWE, he did meet former WWE diva Torrie Wilson, and the couple opened their clothing/apparel store in The Woodlands (just north of Houston). Torrie will be at the Feb. 6 event at the Verizon Amphitheater in Houston, but not as a valet.

“I was around pro wrestling for so long, so I’m used to the aggressiveness. But it’s a little different knowing he could seriously get hurt for real this time,” Torrie said. “He wants me to be in his corner, but I would be too much of a nervous wreck being that close to the action.” Mitchell is confident his MMA career will be more successful than his wrestling career, which he said “was the hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life.” He added: “The difference is now I’m trying to hurt guys for real.”

WNZ

DUKE NUKEM
02-01-2009, 06:31 PM
thanks for the post gunner

Kage
02-01-2009, 06:50 PM
Lol, I clicked this thinking it was about Billy Kidman.

Will
02-01-2009, 06:53 PM
Saying that he is going to be more successful at this than wrestling isn't really that big of a goal, how hard is it to surpass male cheerleader who wrestled like 3 matches?

Your Olympic Hero
02-01-2009, 07:11 PM
Lol, I clicked this thinking it was about Billy Kidman.

Lol.....So did I. I thought what is he going to do......a Shooting Star Flip off of the top of the octagon?

legolas4792
02-01-2009, 07:44 PM
the only difference is brock lesnar was successful:P

JohnCenaFan28
02-01-2009, 09:56 PM
Thanks for posting.

mikedudelang
02-02-2009, 04:03 PM
He was the funniest of all the Spirit Squad guys...with that said I hated those guys and hate that the wwe continues to try and bring them back into the mix.