PDA

View Full Version : Man's year long truth vigil

JohnCenaFan28
02-03-2009, 09:46 PM
A Swansea man is about to complete a year without telling a lie - but admits he came unstuck when his wife asked: "Does my bum look big in this?"

Cathal Morrow, 43, who lives in Madrid with wife Patricia and their sons Borja, four, and Elkin, two, has written a book about his experiences.

Entitled The Complete Kant, it takes its name from German philosopher Immanuel Kant, who believed lying was morally wrong, reports the South Wales Evening Post.

Mr Morrow, whose truth vigil comes to an end on February 21, reckons being totally honest is the way forward - but admits it hasn't been easy.

"My wife will say, 'Does my bum look big in this?' I will say, 'Yes it does - but I love your big bum'," he said.

There have also been awkward questions from his sons about the whereabouts of Father Christmas. And a hint of a white lie when his son wanted to watch Jungle Book on the family computer.

"I was in a mad panic, so I said the computer was broken," said Mr Morrow who also dodged the truth when a Spanish policeman hit him with a driving fine.

"I did this U-turn, and a policeman came up on his motorbike," said Mr Morrow, who speaks Spanish. "He told me it was illegal, and noticed that my wife didn't have her seatbelt on. It was a 120 euro fine.

"I just gave him a dumb English look, and he let me off! But I did feel bad, because it was dishonest."

-Nova

DUKE NUKEM
02-04-2009, 09:19 AM
thanks for the read Eel